Chapter 33: I Trust You

I am so sorry that I haven't updated in quite a few days! I was in bed sick for five days or so... yay! My fever reached 104°F and let me tell you guys, it was great. I had headaches and chills and it was honestly sooo fun. And not to mention my family thought I had tonsillitis and thought I'd have to get my tonsils removed, but turns out, I just had a really, really bad case of strep. Well I'm pretty sure most of you couldn't care less and came here for the chapter so... enjoy... or not. It's your life.

Songs:

Sorry by Sleeping with Sirens

Listen to Your Heart by Roxette

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Amy's POV

I slowly opened my eyes and observed my surroundings. I sighed. It was morning already. I glanced to my left and Connor wasn't beside me as usual. Alarmed, I quickly jumped out of bed, almost twisting my ankle in the process. I ran out of the room and pounded rapidly on Ricky's door. After about two minutes, the door finally opened.

Ricky stood there shirtless and yawning, but immediately perked up when his eyes met mine. He nervously smiled at me and rubbed the back of his neck.

"Hey Amy," he muttered. "What's wrong?"

"D-do you know where Connor is?" I asked softly.

He shook his head. "He's not here?"

"Connor got kinda mad at me last night and left...and I guess he never came back."

"Oh. I'm sorry to hear that. You can use my phone to call him if you want," he suggested. "Or you could just take back the phone I gave you."

I shook my head. "I'll just borrow your phone for a second."

He nodded and walked back into his room to grab his phone. As he left the doorway, I noticed someone asleep in his bed. I looked a bit closer and saw blonde hair. I sighed. It was Daphne. Ricky suddenly blocked my view of her as he was handing me his phone.

"Thank you," I told him, taking it.

I placed the phone to my ear after calling Connor's number, silently praying that he would answer. After what felt like an eternity, he finally answered.

"Hello?" he answered.

"Connor, where are you?!"

He sighed. "I had to get away for a while."

"Connor, you know I didn't mean what I said to you, right?"

He merely responded with an, "Okay."

I sighed. "I'm serious. You've done so much for me and you've actually done a pretty great job at protecting me."

"You really mean that?"

"Of course I do, Connor. I wouldn't lie to you."

He sighed. "I love you."

"I love you too, Connor."

"I love you more."

I sighed. "Can you please come home now?" I pleaded.

"Yeah, okay, but I'm taking you somewhere," he stated.

"Where?"

"It's a surprise."

I sighed. "Okay, Connor."

"I'll be there in about an hour."

~*~

Almost two hours have passed and there was still no sign of Connor. I tried my best not to worry, but it was pretty hard not to, honestly. I didn't realize that I was pacing nervously, until I felt someone's arms wrap around me from behind. Startled, I let out a small squeal and the person behind me laughed quietly. My heart practically jumped out of my chest once I heard the laugh. That was Connor's perfect laugh. I turned around and immediately pulled him into a hug.