Chapter 6: He's too good for me

Songs:

Say You Like Me by We the Kings

Like I Mean it by Stars Go Dim

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Amy's POV

The next day, Ricky and I were just sitting on the floor in his room, talking about random things. I couldn't believe how much he could make me laugh.

"Your laugh is so adorable!" Ricky shouted.

"Shut....up!" I shouted between laughs, hitting Ricky with a pillow.

"Ow!" he shrieked, faking pain.

"You're such a drama queen, Ricky!"

He snapped his fingers at me. "Puh-lease, gurl!"

I rolled my eyes and tried my best to keep from laughing.

He smiled at me. "I like making you laugh."

I returned the smile. "I haven't laughed this long in a really long time," I replied.

"I can make you even more!" he shouted with a devilish grin on his face.

"Is that even possible, Ricky?"

"Yep!" he said as he began tickling me. I was shrieking and crying with laughter.

"Ricky, stop! Please! Stop! Ricky!" I shrieked in between laughs.

"The tickle monster never stops!" he yelled in response and continued to tickle me.

Suddenly there was knock on his door. Ricky sighed and got off of me.

"Come in!" he shouted.

Connor came in the room with his hand covering his eyes. "Are you guys losing your virginities in here?"

"What? No!" Ricky yelled.

"What the hell, Connor?!" Amy shouted and threw. a pillow at his face.

"Oh...then what was all the screaming about?" Connor asked confused.

"I was tickling her."

"Oh...okay then...well I'll just be going now," Connor said awkwardly and shut the door behind himself.

"Well that was awkward," I stated.

"How about a hug to ease the awkwardness?" he suggested.

"Nope."

"Aww why not?"

"You tickled me and wouldn't stop," I replied and fake pouted.

"I'm sorry. Can I have my hug now?"

"Nope. You have to tell me what you love about me first."

"I love everything. Your humor, your smile, your laugh. You name it."

"Good answer," I replied and chuckled to myself. He looked at me with a hopeful look, holding his arms out. I tried my best to resist, but I gave in and hugged him.

"I like your hugs," Ricky said into my hair.

After we finally pulled away, he gave me that look again. I felt like he was staring into my soul. He gave me a small smile and I returned it.

Suddenly reality hit me. Was he trying to kiss me? What the hell am I thinking? Of course he wasn't! I'm not important to him. He's just being nice. I'm practically charity to him.

Wait, if he wasn't going to kiss me, then why was he getting closer? His face was only a few inches away from mine. I wasn't sure what to do. I couldn't let him kiss me. I just couldn't. Because I was too busy arguing with myself, I didn't notice that his lips lightly brushed mine. I pulled away as quickly as I could. Don't get me wrong, I wanted so badly to kiss him back, but ever since Tristan, I don't want to associate myself with love. Love is only trouble. And Ricky deserves so much better than me. Ricky seemed to notice my reaction.