25. Strangers Meet

THANKS FOR 103 FOLLOWERS!

YA KNOW WHAT MAKES ME MAD?! IT'S THAT I DONT SEE SOME OF THE COMMENTS. YOU ALL KNOW I ALWAYS TRY TO REPLY, BUT SOME OF THEM NEVER SHOW UP TILL MONTHS LATER. SORRY I DON'T DO IT ON PURPOSE. 😂😂💕

Erik's POV

I sighed and ran both hands down my face. I hung my head a bit and set my arms on the keys. They made an unpleasant sound under the weight.

I have been trying to compose for the last two days, but haven't been able to focus. I've tried forgetting about missing her, but it seems to not be working.

I stood from the piano, and collected the music sheets and quill. I organized the papers and set them on the surface of the piano, and placed the quill on top of them.

Brushing my hands on my pants, I walked out of the music room and into the living room. I passed a hallway mirror and flinched. I took a sideways glance at my appearance. Bags hung low under my eyes and my face was as pale as my mask. My cheeks were sunken in slightly. I have barely been eating. I "humphed" without humor and shuffled on.

Ayesha meowed at me as I sat on the living room couch. She jumped into my lap and I stroked behind her ears. Purring, she rubbed against my chest then promptly fell asleep. I sighed loudly and laid my head back on the couch, closing my eyes.

"Ayesha," I started, looking down at her sleeping form, "I think I've fallen hard." She made a sound in her sleep and I smiled a little.

"Are you saying you already knew?" I said, twirling her tail a little.

Getting no response, I looked towards the bedroom that Faith and I share. I have barely slept, not wanting to ruin the sheets that held her breathtaking scent.

Wiping a hand down my face once more, I cleared my dry throat. I've been a complete mess this whole week. I can't stand being away from her for so long. Only two more days. I think I can survive till then.

'Faith will kill me for letting myself get to this state of health and appearance.' I chuckled at the thought, and picked up a book on the table next to me. I opened it with one hand, the other petting Ayesha, and began to read.

----

"Erik? Erik are you here?!"

I jumped at the sudden noise, and a startled Ayesha jumped off my lap. I blinked a few times, taking in my surroundings. The book was open and on the floor.

'I must have fallen asleep.' I thought.

"Erik?"

My eyes widened, my sleep deprived mind thinking it was Faith. I jumped up and ran to the shoreline.

I skidded to a halt at the bank and frantically searched for the owner of the voice.

"Well, I wasn't expecting such a greeting!"

I turned my head to the left, and my face fell with disappointment.

"Daroga. What the hell are you doing here." I growled, clenching my fists at my sides.

He shrugged and walked towards me, "I said I'd be back to see you and Faith."

I internally flinched at her name, my heart hurting a bit. "Well, Faith isn't here at the moment."

Nadir's smile disappeared for a second then came back, "Well, then where is she? I have to say, I was a bit surprised when you came out of the lair so quickly. Were you waiting for her perhaps?" He smirked at the end, crossing his arms.