30. Swimming With The Phantom

*peeks out from hiding place* *ducks from rotten tomatoes being thrown at me* I KNOOOWWWW IM SORRY I TOOK SO LONG! I FEEL REALLY BAD

FORGIVE ME? :3

HEY IT'S CHAPTER 30!!!

ALSO HAPPY REALLY LATE NEW YEAR, I WILL BLESS YOU WITH A DISTURBING PHANART I FOUND NOW

*Awkward crickets* 😳😳 Wow Erik. Nice legs. 😏😈😂

I'LL SHUT UP AND TRY TO WRITE NOW😂
Thanks for 23k reads!

-------

Faith's POV
*Two Months Later*

I sighed and brushed my hair back from my eyes in exhaustion. It's a chilly, late afternoon, and I decided to go into town and get a few things. I haven't been out of the lair in awhile and I needed fresh air to think.

Adjusting the saddle bag that held the few supplies on my shoulder, I quickly jogged across the street without getting in the way of the horse carriages. Stepping onto the curb, I almost tripped.

"Stupid dress." I mumbled, annoyed, adjusting the bottom.

I stood up straight and put the hood of my cloak back on top of my head, and trudged through the snow. As I got to the alleyway, I looked around me to make sure no one was watching. The pedestrians paid no mind to me. Satisfied, I turned back around and slipped into the darkness.

I always stay alert in this alleyway ever since that incident so many months ago. I still am so grateful Erik was able to get to me in time before those men did anything serious...

Scanning the area in front of me, my decent night vision noticed the door to the catacombs was slightly ajar. On high alert now, I slowed down and cautiously looked to my left and right. I knew I closed it when I left.

It took me a second to register an extremely quiet rustle right behind me. I reacted on instinct and grabbed my switchblade from the lace of my dress and opened it. Spinning around at almost an inhumane speed, I saw the outline of the intruder a few inches away, and I immediately positioned my blade under their neck and my other arm locked in front of their shoulders. I slammed the tall figure into the wall behind them and they grunted. The blade was pressed up so tightly to their neck that if I made a sudden move, it would slice it.

I looked up sharply at their face. The adrenaline washed away the moment I locked eyes with the man, their golden, slightly alarmed eyes boring into mine. I gasped and quickly pulled the blade away, dropping it on the snow covered ground.