34. Take Me Back

Hi :3

-----

Faith's POV

"Do you think we should wake her up?" A voice hissed in the darkness.

"I don't know...she hasn't slept at all till now," answered another.

I groaned as discomfort fled to my neck and I massaged it. Leaning up from my spot at the wall, I blinked away my tiredness. Signs of the sun rising filled the room with red and purple colors. The room was dark accept for the light given off from the sun. My eyes fell on the two people sitting a couple of feet in front of me at a table.

"Oh, never mind she is awake now." Mark said with a small smile on his tired face. His eyes had bags under them and his hair was disheveled more then ever before, matching the state of his clothes. Aunt Sandra smiled to, rubbing her left eye, yawning.

"Is it done?" I said, my face contorted in hope and worry as I ran a hand through my long brown hair.

Mark sighed and looked at the clock, "Took longer then expected but yes. It is do-" he stopped when I bolted upright and ran to the table they were at.

"Where is it?!" I said, searching around for it. He smiled at me, getting up from his seat and leaning backwards to crack his back. Taking his time, he scratched his head and stood upright again. Bouncing up and down on my heels impatiently I stared at him.

"This way." Mark said, leading the way to a door of a room connected to the one we were in. Aunt followed slowly behind us.

We reached the old brown door and Mark looked back at me with a small smile. He grasped the brass knob, "You ready?"

I nodded, wringing my hands and the cloth of Erik's shirt, "Yes," I breathed.

Slowly, Mark turned the knob and pushed the door open with a loud creak. A musty smell with a hint of metal hit my nose. He turned on the lights and the small gray room lit up in flickers. The room was covered with more tables, tool boxes and cardboard trash. The center table stood bare accept for one thing.

The new time machine.

I walked up to it, excitement racing through my veins. Carefully, I picked up the new TARDIS blue box. It made a tinkling buzz and turned on, the main screen lighting up with a tiny keyboard.

"Is it to your liking?" Mark said quietly.

I turned around, tears filling my eyes and I nodded, "It's perfect." I walked up to him and hugged him tightly, "Thank you so much. You have no idea how much this means to me."

Mark let out a small chuckle, patting my back, "I'm glad my work will be in good hands." He pulled back, placing a hand on my shoulder, "Use it well."

I nodded, and hugged Aunt Sandra, "Thank you for bringing me here and fixing it." I whispered.

She laughed, "Anytime, Faith. As repayment I want to see this fine hunk of man specimen you've been raving about."

Blushing, I pulled back and playfully glared at her, "Deal."

I turned to set the machine down in an open spot but noticed something, "Oh! I need to get my things!"

"Already done." Mark said, nodding his head to a table next to him. My bag was zipped up and ready to go.

Smiling I went over and picked it up, bringing it back with me to where I was standing. I slowly started to type and read aloud.

"June."