Her Family

The next few weeks, were some of the longest in my life. I missed Christen so much it hurt. There will be times where I will be doing something like taking a walk and seeing and cute dog and wishing she was here to see it with me or when I watch the sunset and she how beautiful it is, and I want to tell her about it, but she is probably already asleep in Chicago. I miss the way she would cuddle with me on the couch. I just missed her. We called each other every night,but it wasn't the same. You can imagine how excited I was when she called me and told me to check my emails and there it was a plane ticket to LA. I couldn't wait to see her and it was only two days from now.

The next day I started to pack, well I mostly just watched Allie do it for me. She got increasingly frustrated throughout, when I told her I had no clue what I was going to be doing on this trip. We spent that night together, because I wouldn't see her now till after the Holidays. We got our favorite Chinese food and watched Harry Potter together.

The next morning she took me to the airport. She wished me good luck in charming the parents of the girl who I was sleeping with. The little shit made me anxious. I was nervous the whole plane ride. Christen flew to LA yesterday from Chicago so she said she would come pick me up from the airport herself, so at least we would have a second to ourselves before I have to meet her family. She kept telling me how confident she is that her family is going to like me, but I really don't know yet.

As soon as the pilot announced that we had landed I was out of my seat with my bag in my hand waiting for the people in front of me to leave because I really just wanted to see my girlfriend. Finally I made it off the plane and I was out in the terminals. She texted me before I left that she would be a baggage claim B waiting for me there. I followed the signs as best as I could and made it to baggage claim B. I looked around for her and could not see her any where.

"Excuse me, but are you Tobin Heath?" It was an older lady.

"Yes I am."

"Oh well my granddaughter here" This maybe ten year old girl came out from behind her. "She is one of your biggest fans, but she was to shy to talk to you."

"Well hi there, what's your name?"

"Ellie."

"Ellie huh, that's a beautiful name. I see you have on a usa soccer jersey, would you like me to sign it." She just stared at me and shock. "I think I have a pen in here somewhere." I dug through my backpack and found one. She turned around and I signed her back. "How about a picture before I leave?"

This time she nodded her head and so I took a few on my phone and her grandma took a few on her phone. "It was really nice to meet you Ellie, thank you for the pictures."

They walked away after that and I went back to looking for my girlfriend. I checked my phone to see if she had called or texted me, I found two snapchats from her. I opened the snapchats, the first one was of the sign that said baggage claim B, the second was a sign for a coffee booth with the caption come find me. I immediately went in search of the coffee booth, i then got a snapchat of a check in line as soon as I saw the coffee booth. I headed toward the entrance of the airport and found the line. After a few seconds of looking around there, I got one more snap chat and it was a picture of a parking lot with the row and number of the spot. I took off in that direction. The closer I got I could make out an SUV, with the trunk door open and a girl sitting in the back with her legs swinging.

I started to sprint and then I was standing in front of my girlfriend and she was giggling. I wrapped her in my arms and she responded immediately wrapping her arms and legs around me. Damn I have missed this.

She pulled me inside of the back of the car. The back seats were down so the trunk was even bigger. She closed the trunk door and we were alone  in the car. We made eye contact and she jumped on top of me.