Meet once again

Its been about 2 months since Sweden when I got a call from Jill asking me back to camp and I hurriedly agreed, until Gran called me and told me Christen came back from Sweden. She was a little upset still but nothing like what happened the last time. She also told me Jill asked Christen to go to camp too.

She played great in Sweden, I have been watching every game online,  and Jill is hoping that she fits right back into the team. I was nervous so I was planning on not going until Allie found out and practically dragged me to the airport with her.

When we got to the camp, I found out that I was rooming with Allie, which was good news for me. I was of course nervous that I was going to see Christen for the first time since Sweden and this time she would actually get to know me. Of course she didn't know us she didn't even know who I am. Allie and I went up to our room and unpacked our stuff just in time for dinner.

Allie and I headed into the dinning room where most people were already sitting down and eating. I looked around the room nervously, until I found her. She was sitting with Kelley, Alyssa and JJ, the only people she knew. I grabbed my food and went and sat down at a different table with Lauren, Arod, and Alex. Saying a quick hi to everyone I started pushing my food around my plate.

"Eat Harry," Allie scolded me under her breath. Sighing out I started to put the food in my mouth. I kept looking over and sneaking quick peeks at Christen. Ali and Ashlyn had joined their table and it looked like they quickly picked their friendship back up where it left off.

This picked my mood up a little knowing that Christen was fitting in okay. I started talking with Lauren and Arod. Allie and Alex were talking about the wedding. Alex and I still haven't talked much, but I know that Allie has filled her in about everything that has happened with Christen, because I can see her looking at me from time to time.

After a few minutes I saw Kelley and Christen getting up and making their way across the room. It looks like Kelley was reintroducing everyone to Christen and they were eat the table closet to us. There was no way I could handle that, I tried to get up, but Allie pulled me back down. "Stay."

"But Harry," I pouted.

"You need to stay."

"Fine."

Christen and Kelley made it around to our table. "Hey guys so you all know Christen, but she needs a reminder about who each of you are so, Christen, this here is Alex Morgan, Allie Long, Amy Rodriguez or Arod, Lauren Holiday even though must of us call her Cheney still and Tobin Heath." She smiled at each of us after Kelley said each of our names, but when she got to me her smile faltered. She tilted her head, confusion on her face apparent.

"Umm I have to go talk to the coaches if you excuse me." I got up and practically ran from the room. I made it over to the picnic area and sat on one of the benches. That was a lot at one time. To see Christen again for the first time, to see her bright green eyes to hear her laugh, to see her smile up close, for the first time in months. It was too much at once.

I just wanted to wrap her in my arms and never let her go again. How can I stay around her for a week without getting close to her again. Maybe I should just leave. I can give up national team soccer for her right? Who am I kidding soccer is all I have left.

I am just going to have to deal with it. Maybe I just needed to keep a distance from her.  I started to make my way up to my room, but outside the door a crossed from mine was Christen. She was sitting on the floor crying.

"Christen are you okay?" She looked up at me, when I talked and she jumped up from where she was sitting and was trying to wipe her tears.

"Yeah yeah I'm fine. I just forgot my room key is all."