Chap. 29

2 years later.

        Connor and I came out of a small coffee shop from down the street and we walked through the cold air that was hitting our faces. "Tonight was fun, wasn't it?" Connor kissed my head and I saw his breath threw the cold air.

"It was." I shivered.

"What was your favorite part?"

"Hmm, tough question." We climbed into my hippie van and drove back to our apartment.

        I took off my coat and changed into an oversized sweater and leggings to keep me warm. I made myself a cup of tea and sat on top of the counter drinking away. Connor came over to me and put his hands on the counter. I kissed his head and put my hands on his cheeks. I played around with his cheeks and made different noises with his mouth. I giggled and he smiled, or tried to.

"You still haven't answered my question."

"What question?" I ask pretending not to know.

"What has been your favorite part of today." I played with his hair to think about it. "Maybe this will help you." He took a couple steps back and slowly got down on one knee. I hopped off the counter and covered my mouth in surprise. "Emma we've been together for five years and I enjoyed every minute I've spent with you. You can always talk to me about anything that bothers you, ask me questions, or just talk because you need someone to listen. You are such a beautiful person, I still have an awe whenever I look at you. I love the way you read, drink tea, play with your hair, get dressed, play with your lips, making weird noises with your mouth, how you cross your legs, the way you sing and dance when you feel like it. Everything! I love everything about you. And the way you stare at me. Like the way you would stare at me when we first met, at the dinner table. It just lightens up my heart whenever you stare, or smile at me. Hope you don't change a bit because being you is all I want and will ever need." He paused for a cough. "No matter what happened in the past that's what we learn from and I've learned a lot. Like not to cheat on you while we were together. I don't why I did that but I did. But I'll never do it again, never. And I know you forgave me for that but I still feel stupid looking back at it." He took a breath and started again. "Anyways hope that you want to spent your whole life with me as much as I want to. That's why I want to ask you this question." He cleared his throat and leaving me breathless with this suspense. "Will you marry me?"

         Tears started to swell up in my eyes and I answered, "Yes. I will." Connor gave me that smile that I fell for. He stood up and walked towards me and gave me one of his hugs. I kissed him passionately and he lifted me up above the ground and spun me until we both got dizzy. I finally bought my breath after a couple of minutes, "I love you." I managed to say after the dizziness.

"I love you more." He replied and hugged me pulling me towards him. We danced to slow music and then at four in the morning I fell asleep to the sound of his voice saying, "I love you to the moon and back." He gave me a kiss on my cheek to end the morning.