49

The next morning I wake up with a huge smile on my face. I open my eyes and see Tris next to me. I love how large her stomach is. It reminds me about how perfect everything is and how lucky I am to have Tris.

I place my hand on her belly and feel a kick.

"Tobias, don't do that in the mowning," Tris growls. "I'd rather be woken up by that stupid alawm of youws."

"Good morning," I say with a chuckle. "How are you feeling?"

"I was fine until you woke me up."

"Mood swing."

"So what? Can I just have a cup of coffee befowe I get out of bed?" She turns around to face me. She looks angry.

"Of course," I answer and I kiss her lightly on the lips. I move my head down to kiss her stomach but she pushes my head away.

"Tobias, just get me the coffee, okay?"

"Yeah, yeah," I say and I quickly get out of bed to get her coffee. If there's on thing I've learned in the past six months, it is that you better listen to a pregnant woman. Especially Tris.

"Oh, and I want pancakes!" she calls out from the bedroom once I'm in the kitchen.

"We don't have time for that!" I call back. "You'll have to get that in the Hub!"

"Well, then I'll stay in bed for the west of the day!"

I sigh. Days starting of like this usually end in fights. And fighting with a hormonal pregnant woman is no fun.

"Fine," I say. "But I'm going to work."

+ + +

Tris, as stubborn as she is, really didn't come with me to work. I left her in bed with a cup of coffee. She'll probably call me during lunch, saying that she wants to come.

"Hello, Tobias," says Johanna when I walk in. "How was your appointment yesterday?"

"Great," I say smiling. "We're having a girl."

"That's so sweet! Have you thought of names, yet?"

I stop halfway between the door and my desk and stare at her.

"We have three months," I protest. I'm only slightly panicking right now. "We don't have to think about that yet. Do we?"

"As you can see, I have plenty of knowledge about this," she says. "But, yes, maybe I would've started earlier."

"I'd like to think that we don't have to hurry," I say and I walk to my computer. Once I'm signed in I open a website with baby names.

"You're not... like, going to do this right now, are you?" asks Johanna.

"What do you think: Allison or just Ally?"

"Does that matter?"

"Yes. Okay, how about this: Brenda or Rose? Goodness, this is harder than I thought it would be!"

"Okay, Tobias, relax. It's gonna be fine. But do this with Tris. She needs to be involved in this. And I think she'll be able to answer those questions."

I pick up the phone.

"Tobias." Johanna says sternly. "Not now. You have to work."

+ + +

Tris calls me during lunch, as I expected.

"Tobias!" she says way too happy for my liking.

"Hello, Tris," I say calmly. "What's up?"