Chapter Ten: A Day to Mourn

A day to mourn
3rd POV
In the last three months Luna's improved greatly she was ranked towards the top in her squad. As the group rode through the busy streets Luna gave a quit prayer.

"Luna?" Petra said. The younger girl looked at the ginger and smiled.
"What's up?" Luna asked. Petra grinned.
"You nerves?"
"I bet they'll both shit they're pants." Oulo said. Most of the surrounding squads laughed.
"Like you and Petra did on your first expedition?" Eld asked. Eren laughed.
"A little but to be honest I'm excited." Luna said grabbing everyone's attention around her, including Levi's. "I'm not scared of dieing it happens to everyone, it's only a matter of time you know? If its how I die I want it to be reclaiming my families and everyone's home and avenging soldiers who couldn't carry out they're mission. Stand up for those who can't protect them self's and protecting the ones I love most no matter what."

The special operations squad starred at the the girl in awe. She was young but she was wise. Levi has never seen her be so determined. She knew what she was talking about like she could see into the future and see ahead. Eren came over and knocked on his sisters head.

"OWWW!" she squealed.
"Knock knock. Can we have Luna back you old hoot. I don't need a thirty year old in my 15 year old sisters head!" Eren said and she shoved his hand away.
"Shut up fuck boy, oops no your not Jean sorry." She smirked at her joke. "You two look so much a like its hard to tell your ugliness." Eren swung at his sister and she ducked.
"I'm nothing like Jean." Eren said. "He's uglier than a horses ass."

Luna punches her brother in the arm, carful not to knock him off the horse.

"That's mean! He may be a horses ass but he doesn't look like one. You do." Luna said and most laughed bit once again Luna only smirked.

Levi from the front of the squad. Shook his head. It reminded him so much of his past. Isabel and Farlan....were just like Luna and Eren.

Flashback

"Give me that bread!" The red headed girl named Isabel yelled. She jumped on to the tall blonde, Farlan, back. "Levi help me!"

But Levi only shook his head from his spot at the table.

"He's on my side." Farlan said.

He held up the bread so Isabel couldn't reach it.

"Big brother!" Isabel turned to Levi. "You traitor!"

Levi smirked at Isabel's antics.
Little did he know that he would lose, those two forever ruining his ability to love. Or so he thought

End of flashback

Levi's pov
As the group approached the gate a wave of fear passed over the soldiers. I looked at his squad, for what I realized may be the last time.