Chapter Eighteen: Shawnda

3rd POV

The week after the fight between Luna and Levi, Luna had gained a level of respect that she never knew she would earn. She was put in charge of drilling the Levi squad and said any one who wanted to join was welcome for basic training. Right now she stood in front of just Levi squad. That consist of Eren, Mikasa, Rose, Jean, Armin and herself. She was explaining one of the more basic but difficult she was using Eren and a dummy she explained each individual motion then she did it all at once. She stepped towards Eren and he threw a punch at her and she grabbed his arm put her back to his chest, elbowed him and kicked his knees down making him fall to the floor. She was improving the squads learning time and capabilities and Erwin didn't let this go unnoticed but he wasn't sure she was ready for what he had planned.
But Erwin knew Luna Jaeger was hiding something, whatever it was, was a big enough secret to keep hidden from everyone including her brother.
But he had put that aside for a moment, she was a goods kid, she was kind and smart, she could fight and was always trying to think of another way of getting out of a situation than using brutal force. As Erwin watched her train cabets he knew she was an expert in fighting but he wasn't sure how far she could go. She might only be an expert at standard fighting. Nothing like Levi or Annie or she could be exactly like them with the ability to take a life without a bat of an eyelash. But that was forgotten once the week off came around.

"Eren come on you have your bag right?" Luna asked as she strapped her bag to her horse.
"I can't believe you shitty brats convinced me to come along with you." Levi said.
"Oh come on Shrimp." Mikasa said. "You Ned to look after Eren remember. And going to the rose wall for Shawnda is a must of our age group and culture." Mikasa smirked.
"What did you call me Ackerman!" Levi asked hardly as hr glared at Mikasa. Rose laughed as she mounted her horse.
"I'm excited. I've never celebrated a Shawnda festival before." Rose said and she looked at Armin "and meeting your grandparents will be fun."
Armin frowned a little.
"Its actually Luna and Eren's grandparents but they sorta adopted me and Mikasa too." He said and Eren patted his back.
"They liked you either way."
"Will they like me?" Jean asked as he and his horse walked up to the group.
"No horses aren't allowed in the house." Eren said.
"You dumbass I'm not a-"
"Guys stop it." Luna said and they all looked at her she was above them on her white horse. "No fighting you understand me this is suppose to be fun."
"Oh come on Luna-" Eren started.
"Shut up your blasted brats." Levi said from the top of his black horse, Night. "Were behind fucking-"
"Oh come on Levi, its vacation lighten up." Hangi said and her horse trotted towards them, Erwin not far behind her.
"Tch. That doesn't mean that these idiots don't drive me nuts."
Time skip too the rose wall by the old exit of where The Jeagers use to live.
Luna and the others traveled soundly. Laughter was very constant and lively. Erwin hadn't had a break in years even if it was with kids 6 years younger than him.
"Eren remember Mrs. Spencle?" Mikasa asked.
"You mean that creepy cat lady?" Armin asked and Luna laughed.
"Yeah the one that would watch us play in the front yard." Mikasa said.
"Yeah why?" Eren asked.
"I swear I just saw her."
"Mika she was like a hundred when she stalked us growing up." Luna said. "but I'm with you it looks so much like home."
"What do you mean so much like home?" Hangi asked.
Luna looked over her shoulder to look at her.
"The people here. Everyone looks like they were plucked straight from our home town and dropped here. The smell even reminds me of home." Luna said. "Shinawa was a large city with lovely people. Everyone knew everyone and new comers were welcomed with open arms kind of thing."
"It was nice." Armin admitted. "we lived in a section on sloppy hills so flowers grew well."
"Yeah Anglopes grew there too." Luna said.
"What the hell are those?" Levi asked. Luna giggled and answered without turning around.
"A flower." She let out a sigh "Beautiful flowers that glow in the sunlight. They're pure white like angle wings and live forever."
"So where are we going?" Hangi asked.
"A hotel right by the festival when we were little, our faimly use to visit my grandparents and we'd stay at the hotel and then on the last night of Shawada we'd stay at my grandparents house because only adults were aloud at that part of the party." Luna explained. "It was always so much fun, it's nice ya'll desided to tag along it'll be great."
"So what is Shawnda anyway?" rose asked and Armin gave her a smile that warmed her heart.
"it's a cultural tradition that celebrates the start of the spring and the end of the winter." Armin explains. "It means to give you good luck over the passing season and gives you time to appreciate the changing scenery. just like when they have shawnda at the end of summer and fall to wish the seasons safe journey upon they're leave and arrival."
Rose had a bloody nose by the time Armin was done.
"Damn it he's cute." rose said and Luna smirked at her.
"What did you say Rose i didn't quiet get that." :Luna said and she leaned in towards Rose.
"i didn't say anything stupid." Rose protested even though her face was all red.
"Leir." luna said and looked up ahead.
"Shut up." Rose yelled and Everyone but Levi and Luna laughed.