Chapter Twenty-Nine:Capture in Stonehess Part 3

Below Levi was Luna, it was a horrifying thing to see.

          "Levi!" Hangi yelled as she landed across from Levi. "What are you starring-OH MY GOD!"

Hangi looked down and fell on her knees.

          "Corporal what is going on." Mikasa asked as she ran across the roof top.

Rose, Jean and Armin behind her along with the many troops that had been with Hangi. Mikasa looked at the hole in the roof and screamed. Luna was lying no more than six feet from him, ribcage bleeding metal coming out of her middle, head bleeding her eyes open staring above as blood seeped from her pink lips.. Levi could do nothing but watch. He watched her die. He didn't know whether to feel angry or sad because now at least Luna was free. For years she had been fighting, pushing for humanity an what had they done in return? In Levi's eyes, the reason Luna was put up the ranks was because the people needed her. Everybody used her. Levi had used her. Used her to fight. Made her throw away her life for the pitiful excuse for a species. Levi was pissed at the worlds unfairness, because what had Luna done to deserve this? What had Levi done to deserve this?

               She was a strong, determine women. Everybody knew that. Everybody loved her. Levi had loved her. She was strong and smart. A better person than what was left of all the people her age. She experienced so many things no one, especially a girl like her, should have to go through. She was too happy, sweet, caring, forgiving, fragile for this evil world. Yet she survived, she gave her all, she was an example and better than people twice her age at almost everything.

               She was kind. Luna was kind. She didn't care if people disagreed with her. Or if the world went up in flames. She kept a smile and a strong spirit. So when Levi watched his teammate and friend's eyes turn glassy and spill like waterfall full of tears then went dead, Levi felt relief and pain. He was happy she didn't have to live through this horrible life any more, yet he wanted her beside him. He wanted to feel her arms around him one more time. To feel her laugh beside him and to see her smile. He wanted to get lost in her vibrant green eyes just one more time. But even Levi knew if he did get that next chance he'd only ruin it again. He was the reason she was dead. She said that humanity needed him. She said his team needed him more than anyone else even her self. She gave up her life for him and only him. She threw it all away so he could see the sunset and the stars, she died so he could see the sun and the rain. She died to let him see another day.
Levi felt his heart break.

          "What are we going to tell Eren?" Armin asked as tears fell from his face.

         "Squad Commander?" Moblit asked. "What do we do with Corporal Jeager gone?"

           "Inform Commander Erwin she is dead." Levi said. "Split your remaining soldiers in four groups. Have three go to the Plan C squads and have the last one be formation. This changes things."

             "But it doesn't change the fact that we're taking this bitch down once and for all." Jean said.

          "Lets go beat this bitches ass." Levi said.

He was getting his revenge and nothing was going to stop him from doing so.

With Eren

            'In order to defeat the monsters you have to throw away your humanity.' Eren thought. 'Like Luna i know. that's why...that's why all my comrades died because I couldn't let go. That's why Luna is so much stronger than me, Mikasa so much braver and Armin so much better. Because I couldn't fight like they did.'

Eren tried to sit up but the piece of metal in his chest kept him from doing so.

         "I swore to kill them all." Eren said as he coughed blood. "Every last one!"