chapter 2

This chapter is not edited. There will be many mistakes. Some things may not even add up.

Britondii Luca pov

Lightly rubbing Sebriina's sore gums with the popular brand name grape flavoured teething gel, I gently lifted her from the pink child's car seat and together we trailed to her classroom.

*

"Good morning, miss Shakes" I bade my daughters class teacher as we entered the the multi coloured room,Sebriina's arm wrapped in a death grip around my neck. The class was decorated with learning charts of the alphabet and numerals,along with everything essential to a toddlers learning. Also there were those of popular cartoon characters. Very child friendly it had been.

Sebriina had been one of the first students to arrive.

"Ah,miss Luca,Sebriina,pleasant morning " the young grey eyed woman spoke and touched a certain watery green eyed princess,who looked around the class room sadly. "Is our little princess not feeling well? "

"No she is not" I informed, my voice not hiding the unhappiness. " I applied a bit of teething solution to her mouth,so in a moment she will feel better "

Kissing her cheek I settled her into her soft cushioned seat.

Duty calls.

The sound of my child's screaming when I turned to leave, like a sharp sword pierced my heart, wounding it.

That had being the routine for the past couple of days ever since she started pre school. Still, I had not even looked back. And maybe I should have,to ease her misery if even just one fourths of it. Perhaps. And as my heart ached at my child's sorrowfulness ,I remained resolute. Although I was her mother and I loved her more than life itself. Sooner or later she had to realize that I could not always be at her Beck and call. I choose to teach her sooner rather than later. An education --- no matter how early was essential and in whatever case she would soon stop crying.

***

Instead of verbally greeting her,I gave Amy a stern nod and continued the short journey to my quarters. The girl had waved in reply.

Things were heavily tensed in the workplace. It had already been a week since I was informed of the company's sale and the new CEOs welcome ball. And though the entire company had been made aware of it, the bosses were adamant that the news be kept under lock and key.

As aforementioned I was against idle office chatter in it's entirety yet why should everyone remain so tight lipped about such an altering situation that could most likely affect our means of an income? Our livelihood. Why all the secrecy? First the mystery of the new CEO and now, this?

What was the big issue? Since our heated discussion the fact that like the plague Mr Wellington had avoided me had not gone unnoticed either.

Which henceforth, led me believe something was amiss and brought back my first suspicion to mind. Were they being compelled by dome powerful magnate to give up the company,hence all the secrecy?

But why? And by whom?

***

Buried face down in the large heap of paperwork scattered in disarray on my desk top, I had not noticed when the office door was slowly pushed open then closed back softly.

"Mr Paul's " I gasped in startle, looking upwards at my boss when a dark shadow loomed over my desk and the sound of a throat being cleared. "Miss Luca "

"I just needed to express my apologies in keeping you out of the decision making process of the company's sale. We know you must have appeared belittled,patronized even, as not only are you the manager of this establishment but also one of our most hard working,competent employees. Britondii I am not here before you to plead my cause as what is done is done. But merely to say I am sorry. Let me make it up to you. Have dinner with me sweetheart."

I gritted my teeth,infuriated. Was this man here to make amends or had all this been a charade to ask me on a date? Had I been reading too much into this? I think not. The man claimed he was here to apologize and had not even stated to me the reason I was omitted from the process.

Or maybe he would tell me over dinner. Ha.

I shook my head before replying, not at all bothered that my bun had become loose and tendrils of hair falling down my face.

"Mr Pauls why are you here in my office exactly? To say sorry? To be honest your apology is nonsensical and bland. You have not even given me a single reason as to why my input was not requested. But still you are asking me to dinner. And do not call me affectionate names. I am here to work and to work only." My voice firm and unwavering.

He stared down peculiarly at me before responfing.

"I have noted since you were hired miss Luca, you are a very gorgeous woman and since,I have had a thing for you. And maybe now that I am no longer your boss. We can have a little fun."

He licked his lips in a seductive manner and I almost vomited in disgust.

The wedded man was more than twice my age. I had never visioned him to be so damn despicable. In fact I had looked up to him.

"I know you have not been with a man in a while Britondii. "

What was this nonsense?

Was this man stalking me?

He touched my jaw bone in a caressing manner and instantly,then and there I lost it. With lightening speed I stood up from my chair and my Palm landed across his cheek in a stinging slap.

"You are a repulsive being Mr Paul's. How dare you behave as such with me? You better be thankful I am not going to the police as I do not want to bring disgrace to your sweet wife,but if I come to know you have tried this with anyone else in this establishment. I will not spare you."

I retrieved my purse and iPhone from the desk top and angrily pushed passed him, exiting the room. He massaged his bruised face and his head hung low.

The new boss pov

"He did what?" I shouted, clenching then unclenching my fists. The words were dislodged from my throat as my anger would not allow them to come out willingly.

How dare that bloody abominable debaucher!

In that moment my years of anger management therapy suddenly meant nothing. I had desired greatly to murder the bastard with my bare hands.

"Yes sir, he had even massaged her cheek and she slapped him" the man standing before my desk reported .

"Did she go to the police? Any form of sexual harassment in the workplace is a crime and punishable by law"

"No sir,that was not done as she did not want to bring shame unto his wife. However she threatened if she ever hears of him assaulting anybody else she will "

Sickening. How long has he been doing such acts? Will she allow him to just get away Scotch free because he had a wife? He was unworthy of his wife.

"You may leave" I dismissed waving him off. I needed time to think instead of acting irrationally on an impulse.

I had no doubt she was capable of taking care of herself and our child, but that scoundrel couldn't just get away with violating a woman. My woman. Any woman.

Heaving,I walked to the office refrigerator and pulled out a bottle of purified water and dialled a number.

NYPD how may I help you?

I swore I would protect my family and I would be damned if I failed. Again.

I just love the new Britondii. Do you?

Let me know your thoughts in the comments.

Vote and share too.

I love you.

Mwah