chapter 9

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!!

I know this update is loooooong overdue and I am sorry. I beg for your forgiveness my loves.

TODAY (january 4th)IS MY BIRTHDAY!!!!  I TURN 21!!!!!

This chapter is not edited. There will be many mistakes. Some things may even not add up.

Britondii Luca pov

"Miss Luca, be with me"

It was as if all the giddy gasps of shock and the pandemonium of loud untamed whispers had become merely inaudible sounds. Unanticipatedly, I had become amnesic to all around me. Everything and everyone could have been nonexistent, disappearing as my increasing rage allowed me to be aware of my superior only.

What was this damn senselessness?

This, this absurdity?

With a swiftness comparable to that of the supernatural, not quite human, lightening I rose from the chair. My chagrin however permitted me to verbalize no more than these words. "I will hand in the letter in the next few minutes sir"

I had not dwelled on the letter, we were both knowledgeable as to what letter I mentioned. And I would rather be condemned to fork over a show to the spectators.

"Miss Luca" Sebastian's voice was intimate, one that could be described as that of a distressed lover.

Are you not reading too much into this? It is as if you wish for the man to pursue you.

"Why is it that you misunderstand me so? What is meant by my words?" With utmost grace he stood from the large dark leather chair, his steps strong, calculated like a soldier's, he walked the room stunningly green emeralds never leaving my sea coloured eyes.

"I want us to closely work together. Split an office if we must. The nature of your task will be to teach me about the business. Show me the ropes as so to speak. You were the one recommended to me by a credible source, hence you are chosen. For this duty you will be paid independently but also your regular monthly managerial wage will be increased by 75%. Is that sufficient or do I need to up it more?  Say to 90%?

Momentarily, as everyone present, their hushed chatter buzzing around the room as would busy bees, I was flabbergasted. But simultaneously almost, my startle was replaced with multiplying animosity.

What was this charade?

What was this man playing at?

Did he dare to believe I needed his charity?

Or his damn contribution?

"Very well sir, however I have a few conditions which I will address after this meeting has reached it's conclusion.

+

"Your terms?" My superior questioned his voice deep, rough as the ocean on a stormy night but at the same time smooth and calming as the summer breeze at the beach side, the last of the employees had exited the room and Mr. Monteiro and myself were left to ourselves.

"I will work with you as I look out for the company's best interest. I will however accept no additional payment neither will I any raise."

"Miss Luca" responded Mr. Monteiro uttering a low chuckle and shook wistfully his head whilst he rose from the chair. "Why do you defy me so?"

Minus the laughter, I duplicated his actions. "Do you agree to my conditions sir?" Though collected, calm clear firmness emanated from the words.

He locked both hands behind him, the low rumble returning. "Yes Miss Luca. Anything for you."