(15)

You shot your pistol's silver bullets through the glass of the jewelery store and hopped over the window pane. The alarms blared, telling you that you had to be quick, before the cops showed up and ruined your fun.

As you shoved golden necklaces and shimmering bracelets into a bag, you heard footsteps.

"Shit." You whispered and turned around, running right into a man's back, "Oh my god. Joker?You again? You've been taking credit for everything I do!"

"Ah-yes, Y/N. I am." He turned around and looked down at you, "Now scat, when the feds get here, it's gonna get bloody."

You rolled your eyes and heaved your bag through the window. You ran down the street, through dark alleyways to avoid being noticed.

"You'll beat Joker." You mumbled yourself a pep-talk.

---

"Let's try this again." You picked the lock to a small bank on the 'worse' side of Gotham, "That douche shouldn't even think of hitting this place."

You tip-toed into the building and jumped over the counter. You saw a green blob poke out from behind a safe.

"Are. You. Serious." You closed your eyes for a moment and sighed, "How the hell did you even know about this place?" 

He looked up, "Because I know how you think." He said, sounding a little-- creepy.

"Whatever, at least share what's in the safe."

He smiled widely, his golden grill showing, "Sure, Y/N! Anything for you!" He giggled sarcastically, but still threw you some money.

You squatted down next to him and put your head on his shoulder, "How am I supposed to live with you stealing my thunder all the time?"

"Oh, honey. I'm sure you'll get used to me." He stood up and you fell over, "It will just take time." He smirked and left you alone in the building, the safe open with some stacks of money left inside.

"Thanks, J, you're annoying, but I think I can get used to your jokes." You laughed to yourself.

A/N: Thank you all so much for 20K!

wc: 326