(28)

The loud noise of the vaccum filled the room. You hummed to yourself, hardly able to hear it. The vibrations of your hushed voice distracted you from your thoughts. 

You were a maid. Not by choice, cleaning is not fun. You are being held hostage, and forced to work. Joker needed a maid for his mansion, so naturally, he took you. 

You met him before his insanity peaked, before he turned to crime. He was a regular at the restaurant you worked at for a while. You even grew to become fond of him. 

He'd told you his name was Jack. You were told he was an orphan, and that he grew up in a rough, disturbing household. With this knowledge of his childhood and personality, you could understand why he does the horrible things he does.

"Y/N!" Joker was home, from a heist you guessed, "Can you start a nice, relaxing bath?" 

He asked this kindly, which was unusual for him. You wouldn't dare question this, you appeciated it. 

You didn't respond to J. You turned your vaccum off quietly and put it in a suplly closet. Then, heading to the bathroom, you sighed. This life was so uneventful. It has started to take an emotional toll on you. 

The bath was being filled with warm water. You sifted your hand around the bath, wanting to climb in and stay there forever. 

You were kneeling against the tub when a tear fell into the water, causing the gallons of water to ripple. 

You weren't making noise. No sobs were heard, but you cried. You longed to be happy again. Too bad Joker would never allow that. 

"Oh Y/N!-- What are you doing over there?" Joker;s voice was dangerous at first, but then became softer.

You felt an arm wrap around you and the ground rumbled slightly when he sat beside you.

"I'm sorry, Joker. I am being very unprofessional--" You sniffled, then wiped your nose, "Your bath is ready. Relax, Joker. You've had a long day." 

"No." He grabbed you sternly, not allowing you to leave him, "This is for you, Y/N. You seem upset lately." 

You looked into his eyes, something you haven't done since he brought you here... They were beautiful, blue crystals.

"Oh, J. Thank you."

"Y/N, baby. You're sweet.-- I, I should tell you that I-- care for you. I'm sorry if I can't show it- I've never felt this way about another person before..." He cut himself off. 

You were pulled close to him. Your lips touched his and every negative thought left your mind immediately. Happiness overthrew depression. 

You loved J. He loved you. A enslaved maid in love with her captor? How scandalous. 

wc: 503