(31)

"Come on, sweetie. It will be fun." You grabbed his arm and pulled him close.

"Y/n!" He groaned, "The leather."

You gripped his jacket, and realized how much it could potentially be damaged from your deathly grip. You pushed the purple leather down his shoulders, and threw it to the other side of the room.

He kissed your neck, and you wrapped your feeble hands around him. You closed your eyes and let him hug onto you. 

He dropped his affection eventually, and sat away from you. You hadn't done anything with Joker yet, but you were patient.

He'd been odd lately, and you couldn't figure out why.

"Babe, what's wrong?" You sat up and scooted over to him, resting your head on his shoulder. 

He stayed silent for a minute but spoke up then, "I like you, Y/N. I'm just nervous."

You nodded your head in understanding, even though you had no idea what he was 'nervous' about. You decided it was best not to dig deeper, you were sure he'd explain when he was ready.

---

Joker's mood hadn't changed, but he did take you to his club for a "night out together."

You dressed your best, since Jay usually kept you in secret, cooped up in the mansion. This must have been for some special reason.

"Y/N, tonight will be good for us." Joker grabbed your hand and guided you to a gold, fancy dinner table. You sat, and immediately a plate of your favorite meal was placed in front of you. A wine glass was filled, and you felt like royalty. 

"I'm nervous, Y/N."

"Jay, I don't know what's up with you, but I love you--" 

Then, it happened. Joker stood up, then dropped on one knee. He displayed a velvet box. 

"Y/N L/N, will you marry me?" 

You began crying tears of joy, and you shot up instantly. You jumped onto your future husband, and screamed your answer over and over.

"Yes, yes, yes!"

You looked at the ring. It was the biggest, most beautful engagement ring you'd ever seen.

"You make me feel special, Y/N."

You kissed your Clown Prince's cheek.

"Go on, say it." You smirked.

"I love you, Y/N. You're my everything." 

A/N: I'm back to update this book! I've been struggling with Joker ideas, since there's hardly enough content on him! Where is Jared Leto's stand-alone Joker film????

Also, I've attempted to make my imagines more gender-neutral! 

wc: 396