(17)

You stumbled down the alleyway behind the nightclub you called your workplace. The alcohol of all the drinks and shots from the men who watched you dance took its toll on your vision and coordination.

You rolled your ankle and yelped in agony as you fell onto the concrete.

"Damn heels." You mumbled to yourself as you yanked your stilettos off and stood again.

"Hey, little lady." A man emerged from the darkness. He was tall, well-built, and had a shaven head.

"Oh, honey, I'm a dancer, not a prostitute." You rolled your eyes and tried to move around him, but he copied your actions, keeping his place in front of you.

"Come on, baby! You don't want to have a little fun?" He asked with a fake pout.

"No! Now move the hell out of my way!" You began to get frightened, even though this type of thing has happened before.

He pulled a knife out from his jacket, and traced your cheekbone with the blade, "I don't want to use this..."

You trembled in fear, until you heard a groan of annoyance behind you.

"Why are you always hitting on my girls?" You heard a gunshot directly after this. You ducked, the bullet flying right over you.

"Thanks, boss. I coulda died!" You turned around to see your employer, Joker, holding a pistol.

"Anything for you, dollface." He winked and walked over to help you calm down. He grabbed your hand, patted your head, then adjusted the top of your tight, short dress.

"You really are my best girl." He tilted his head to the side then nodded, "See you tomorrow, Y/N."

And with that, he walked away as if nothing had happened.

A/N: I havent updated in forever, but here I am! I also wanted to say how amazingly grateful I am to have 28K reads! I never would have thought any of my stories would have gotten this far, and I will be forver apperciative of that. <3 

wc: 320