You're Home

Mike had been searching for Eleven for a year, but 8 months on his own. Dustin, Lucas and Will helped in the first 4 months but then slowly gave up after fruitless searching.

"Elle? El, where are you?" He shouted through the forest, pushing his bike, worry floating through his bones.

"Mike?" A soft, sweet voice that could send Mike's knees to jelly and his heart like a motorbike called out.

"Elle?!" Hope fluttered in his chest, but worry as to where she could be.

"Mike!" She suddenly screams, and the bicycle was dropped from Mike's hands and ran towards her screams. "Ahhhhh! MIKEY!"

"Elle?! Keep talking to me!" He shouted, continuing to follow her screams, only to see the girl who'd captured his heart in a week, half in a the portal, being dragged backwards.

Mike's senses instantly kicked in, and he grabbed El's waving hands and started pulling her from the portal. Mike wasn't the strongest person El knew, she knew he couldn't carry her when she collapsed when she was last in the regular world.

Only, that every night Mike had been searching for her, he slowly (but surely) was gaining muscle but was still as skinny as a stick.

After finally pulling El out of the portal, the gateway shrivelled up and stopped pulsing. Mike realised he'd gotten El back and smiled and laughed and cradled her close to him.

"Hi, Elle." He whispered, running his fingers through her short hair, which had grown over the year and now covered her ears and most of her neck.

"Hi Mikey." El smiled, burrowing her head into Mike shoulder blade, with a grin as big as the sun on her face.
***********************************
Published: Monday 28th November 2016 ❤
Seems odd that a Monday Mileven oneshot is in between 2 Sunday Fillie oneshots but I had inspiration from I'm a Celeb and had to write a oneshot ❤