To, Dad. Love, your little girl

Summary: In honour of my own father's birthday. This fic is Hopper's first birthday as Jane "El" Hopper's father.

✨✨✨

When Mike came to see El the day before Hopper's birthday, with Hopper's gift for El to give to him and baking from Karen for Hopper's birthday.

The baking that consisted of Hopper's birthday cake, and sugar cookies.

Either way, El happily wrapped her arms around Mike's warm form, and snuggled into him, seeking out his warmth.

Mike was happy to oblige, feeling her curls against his chin - which was still a strange feeling, the only times he's ever hugged her before was when she had her shaved head, and even then it was weird.

"Hello, beautiful," he cooed into her ear feeling her start to smile against his neck. This always made him happy, feeling El in his arms after three-hundred and fifty-three days of her not being by his side, made up for it.

"Hi, Mike," she softly spoke, making his heart flutter in his chest. Mike's always known that he has feelings for El, even when her vocabulary was none existent and she was only a number with no identification in the world, or even the small town of Hawkins, Indiana.

✨✨✨

The next morning, before Hopper woke up, El had set Hopper's birthday cake on the little table where they share their meals. A simple Victoria Sponge covered in icing sugar, that El had been so tempted to lick the sweet sugar off the cake.

She then set the sugar cookies on a plate as Hopper walked into the room.

"Happy birthday, dad," this was something that still made Jim smile after the past couple of months of her calling him, her father.

"Thank you, El," Hopper ruffled her hair for good measure.