Hippie Days [Request]

Requested by @sslaught

★★★★★★★

When El came home, shivering in the February chills, she came home to the Wheeler's, and to Mike's side.

And Mike has never been so happy.

★★★★★★★
-Summer of 1984-

During the summer where Mike finally got the guts to admit his feelings and actually gained her as his girlfriend!

One of the things he was most proud of.

Out of the group of six (Mike, El, Will, Lucas, Max and Dustin) it was El who had the most nightmares.

So after they'd been dating for little over a month, they decided it would be easier for them (but mainly El) that they'd sleep at the Byers's one night then at the Wheeler's the next.

★★★★★★★

Mike woke up first. In his newish, soft, comfortable bed. The soft and warm body next to him, gently sleeping, holding his hand tightly.

His amazing and beautiful girlfriend. El.

He gently slipped her out of his grip and put his fluffy blue bunny slippers on, that matched El's pink ones. She loved them on sight.

But that's a tale for another time.

He pulled the thick cover closer around her as well as a blanket to keep her warm.

He went downstairs and saw his little sister in her highchair eating her breakfast (of scrambled eggs) and his mom making some more scrambled eggs.

"Morning, Mike," she said, kissing his forehead as Mike puts in the Eggos.

★★★★★★★

But to Mike, the summer of 1984, was the summer he quickly became obsessed with tie dying...

And El was the first of the small group of friends to help Mike with his tie dying obsession.

Mike had helped her put some rubber gloves and tied an apron around her waist.

El handed Mike her plain white crop top and watched as he wrapped rubber bands around it in random places.

He handed it back to her and told her she needed to dunk the top in and hold it in for a while.

As she's holding it in the dye, Mike smiled at her and kissed her forehead.

"My beautiful baby!"