Give Me A Sign...

"Just give me a sign, anything. Just come home, El," Mike whispered, holding his Millennium Falcon loosely in his hands, looking over at the slightly dusty blanket fort in his basement.

The place where El slept for only a week.

To say he was heartbroken, was an understatement. No matter what Nancy or his mother said, he's pretty sure he fell head over heels for El over the week he kept her hidden from the bad men.

And all Mike wanted more than anything in the world, was for her to come home.

He was over the moon that Will was home, but the group just felt that little bit emptier, even with the addition of Max.

And it's as if the world was with him when his untouched Supercom buzzed to life. As the lights flickered before switching off, leaving the pale glow of the nightlight he had plugged in for El.

"M-Mike?" Came the stuttery voice of the little girl who saved him and gave them their best friend back.

Mike thought he was dreaming once again, thinking that El was contacting him through his Supercom.

"Mike?" Came the more confident sound of the same girl who he fell head over heels for.

A sob rocketed out of his mouth, and he snatched the Supercom from her beloved blanket and clicked it on.

"E-El?" He held the radio against his forehead, hopefully waiting a short reply.

"M-Mike," the relieved and sigh of the girl with supernatural powers. The girl who is Terry Ives missing daughter.

"El!" He felt relief running rapidly through his veins, as her stuttered reply sounded through his Supercom. "Where are you? I can come get you,"

"No," was her short reply which left Mike heartbroken. She didn't want him to come get her, she didn't want her to be saved...

"O-oh, o-ok, we-" he was cut off by the Supercom crackling, signalling El was trying to speak at the other end.

"Don't know w-" El cut herself off, trying to finish her half created sentence.

"Where? You don't know where you are...?" Mike said, his heart breaking in his chest. This girl, he fell wholeheartedly for over the short time he knew her, didn't know where she was. Of course she wanted him to save her.

"M-" the Supercom was cut off and Mike desperately tried to get back in contact with the little girl.

-----------

On the other end of the Supercom, in a completely different dimension, covered in what looks like a mix of sawdust, wood chippings and dust, with a now broken Supercom in her hands.

El.