We Have To Find Her

When Mike first saw the Tesslahydra, he almost curled in on himself.

"El, would know what to do," Dustin said, holding the nail bat that Steve had given to him.

"Erm, guys..." Mike said, walking to the door, which was opposite the home belonging to the Ives. The door was hanging open and a tiny girl with a recognisable face.

Dustin's head went to the side of Mike's face and watched as the little girl edged into view of the two boys.

"Eleven?" Dustin said, curiously as he edged out of the door. The little girl came properly into view and gave the boys her 'signature' small smile.

"El..." Mike muttered, he just couldn't believe she was there, just across the street. She was alive. He'd seen her disintegrate into nothing but there she was, looking at him with those big brown eyes for hers that made him fall for her in the first place.

"Go on," Dustin said, gently pushing his friend (who's heart is now repairing) out of the door and to her.

Mike looked over to the Tesslahydra, and made sure it wasn't looking in his direction and ran for his life to El's side.

★★★

Once Mike had gotten to the Ives without a scratch from the Tesslahydra. He looked at the small girl, and reached out towards her face.

His heart would shatter if she was another illusion. He wouldn't survive it...

El looked curiously at his hand, she'd seen it enough times during that week. She remembers the feeling of comfort when he'd slipped his hand against hers and dragged her around the school with Lucas and Dustin.

As his hand made its way closer to her face, she noticed the spots on the back of his hand like the ones on his face. As she tried to count them (which was a struggle because she didn't know basic math) his hand came into contact with her cheek.

Her eyes shut tightly, a voice in the back of her head that sounded like her 'papa' saying that he was going to hurt her.

But never once over that one precious week, did Mike ever hurt her by his hand.

★★★

When Mike's have gently touched El's soft cheek, he sobbed with relief and pulled her into his arms.

"El! Y-you're actually h-here!" Mike sobbed, stroking her curls, pressing his nose to hers, feeling the tiny girl push hers against his - sharing an Eskimo kiss with him.