Even If I Knew Where She Was, I Wouldn't Tell You Where She is

"Even if I knew where she was, I wouldn't tell you where she is," Mike said, looking at the agent in front of him, before looking out of the window.

That's when everything went muted.

A girl, with curly hair like Dustin, a grey and red striped hoodie and a white t-shirt underneath. But what stood out to the miserable boy, was the wide curious eyes and her slight smile.

The girl was smiling at him, and it wasn't just any girl wandering Hawkins late at night.

That was El.

Now, Mike could feel his heart slowly repairing, seeing the girl he's missed so much.

The agent turns around, and that's when Mike finally heard her speak.

In a full sentence...

"Come near me, and you'll find a BAT IN YOUR HEAD!" She said as she finished yelling, and Mike was taken back. Not only the volume but the length of the sentence that she produced, was something that he would never have imagined.

Before Mike even knew what he was doing, he pushed the man where the sun don't shine (letting his fall to the ground in agony) and the woman fell on her back before Mike could do anything.

The girl behind the window was definitely El.

★★★

El knew Mike was leaving his house and will be back at her side any second. She was trying to hide from the agents as she was waiting.

Surprised and quiet lucky, no agenda had recognised her, but Mike did from just one look at her.

"Hey- are you ok?" Came a voice, that sounded quiet like Lucas Sinclair, asked, putting a hand on her shoulder.

She turned her head to look at the person who was disrupting her personal "bubble".

"El?" That's when she knew it was Lucas, and the boy hugged her, as he realised that she was hiding - so he was being rather quiet. "Does Mike know your home?" He asked and received a rather enthusiastic response.

★★★

Mike tried to get out of the door, when his mother pulled him by his collar and dragged him into the kitchen. Mike let out a sound of a whine/whimper as he tried to pull away and to the front door.

"Michael, what the hell is going on!" Karen Wheeler wasn't one to swear, especially in front of her children.

"Mom, it's El, she's home," Mike said quietly, and the second Karen let go of his collar he bolted for the door and left the house.

★★★

Lucas looked cautiously to the Wheeler's door and saw Mike speed walking past the police cars, and to where he was stood.

"El, I think there's someone you might want to be reunited with," Lucas said, turning to girl to where Mike was walking to them.

Lucas watched from the sidelines as Mike's face lit up and he smiled (something he hasn't done properly in a long time - he knew when Mike had been faking his smiles). He couldn't see El's reaction, but he was pretty sure it was the same one.

★★★

Mike took El's hand and took them to the side of the house where there weren't any windows.

"El? Are you actually here?" Mike's nose pressed against El's as a tear made its way down his cheek. He felt El kiss his nose and wipe away the tear that ran down his cheek.

"Hi, Mike," she smiled and Mike tightly hugged her, silently sobbing into her hoodie.

Mike wanted to say something cheesy that he'd heard Steve say to Nancy 'Hello, gorgeous'. But he'd never have the guts to say that.

"Pretty?" She asked, as her hand came up and tug on the curls around her head.

Maybe he could say it... "Gorgeous, El. You were beautiful a year ago, you're so gorgeous!" Mike didn't know where that came from, but the pink blush rising up El's cheeks made it all worth it.