Wedding Fever

With Prince Harry and Meghan Markle's wedding just around the corner, this is a fic about Max and Lucas's wedding.

✨✨✨

It had been years since El has been to a wedding, the last one was her own to Mike, before that it was Hopper and Joyce's in 1986. Even though Karen and Ted had gotten divorced in 1985, Karen had never gotten remarried - in the case of if she does, she's scared she'll lose the money for her babies.

When El married Mike, it was Max who caught the soft pink bouquet, El smiled when Max flushed pink as she looked over at Lucas.

Subtly, Mike and El high-fived, looking forward to Max and Lucas's wedding.

✨✨✨

El was so happy that she was Max's maid of honour (she could only be a maid of honour because she was married, Mrs Wheeler still sent happy shivers down her spine).

Lucas was like Mike, he couldn't choose between his best friends to be his best man. So just like Mike did - Dustin, Will and Mike were his groomsmen, who all had to plan Lucas's bachelor party.

✨✨✨

Madmax and Stalker's evening party had video game icons hanging from the ceiling (Centipede, Q*bert, Dig Dug, Dragon's Lair, the classic Pac-Man etc.) Which El was always swatting at, with her's and Mike's gorgeous 6-month old baby boy sat on her lap, watching the pictures swing back and forth like they were his own personal mobile.

Mike stands up, to make a speech on behalf of Dustin, Will and himself - it had been decided that Mike was more mature that Dustin and more confident in front of an audience that Will.

After Mike had tapped on his glass half full of champagne (courtesy of Lucas's mother), catching the attention of everyone else.

"Hey, everyone. I'm Mike, one of Lucas's groomsmen. I've been best friends with him for as long as I can remember. Sure, he's been mean at some times, haven't we all at some time? But if I had to go back and decide if I do it all over again or not. I would, wholeheartedly. Not only did I meet Lucas, Will, Dustin and Jane. But also Max. I can honestly say, she is the craziest red-head I have ever met, but I wouldn't change any of this for the world. I'm so happy to see that these two have gotten married. I wish you the best of luck, I know marriage has made me a very happy man. To Lucas and Max!" Mike toasted, smiling down at his wife and baby boy at parts, before raising his glass.

When he sat down, their baby boy whined until he was in his daddy's arms, and El kissed him repeatedly on the cheek.

El smiled at Mike. "That was perfect, Mike," she simply said, nuzzling into his side, and Lucas took Max onto the dance floor Every Breath You Take was playing - it was as much Lucas and Max's song as it was Mike and El's.