Comics

Over the time Mike and El were at university (and had quickly gotten married over the 3 months off), Mike had been sketching something secret in blank notebooks and sketchbooks - hiding them from El for months, years.

★★★
- 25th October 1995 -

Mike put a stack of sketchbooks and notebooks in front of El, as a spoonful of her cereal fell off her spoon.

"Can I not have my breakfast, Wheeler?" She joked, looking at the books, and then to Mike.

"This is what I've been working on, all that time," Mike said, smiling so proudly and brightly. "I've already shown the boys and they love it, but the main view I hold is yours,"

"Mike," she sighed softly, as her loving husband moved to hug her from behind and kiss her cheek.

★★★
- 6th November 1995 -

Today was the day. Mike had written his own comic book series (like the ones he read as a teen) based on the monsters they fought.

He changed their names and location, trying to keep it less real than what it was.

His comic book series followed 4 boys - James (Will), Nicholas (Dustin), Logan (Lucas) and Adam (Mike) as their friend goes missing. They find a special girl with extra-ordinary powers Louise (Eleven). As they try to get their friend back.

"I'm so proud of you, Mike, and thank you for changing our names so it won't be too obvious, only to us," El said, kissing his cheek as the door to the comic book store opened and young kids and teens barged into each other to get a copy.

"You think it's gonna do well?" Mike asked, looking up at his loving wife, feeling horrible that he's had to keep it a secret all this time.

"Did you see how many kids walked in? They're STILL going in, it's gonna do amazingly Mike," she kissed his cheek.

As a young 12 year old walked to the married couple.

"E-excuse me, d-did you w-write this?" The little boy asked, looking up at Mike, eyes wide with amazement.

"Yeah, I did," Mike said, proudly, the kid shoved the comic book into Mike's hands.

"C-can you s-sign it for me?" He asked, and Mike looked wide eyed at the tiny kid.

"Of course!" Mike was handed a Sharpie by El from her purse, something that was always in her purse incase Dustin fell asleep on them. "What's your name, kiddo?"

"Michael, Mike for short," the kid said, smiling. El looked wide eyed at her husband, feeling nostalgic when she remembered when her own Mike said that to her.

"Hey, that's my name," her husband said, as the little kid giggled. Once big Mike had signed the comic book for little Mike, the kid launched himself into Mike's arms.

"Thank you," he said quietly before letting go.

"Anytime, kiddo, you let me know when you get the next one and I could sign that one for you?" Big Mike asked, handing a piece of paper to him.

Little Mike hugged Big Mike, and ran off to meet his little group of friends, his shaky hand intertwining with a little girl's, who has messy and curly hair.

"Their the mini us, you know?" Mike said, his arm swinging around El's shoulder.

"If she has powers, then yes," she kissed Mike's cheek. And they headed home.

"Maybe we could have that baby you were on about,"