Rainbow

rainbow
noun
an arch of colours visible in the sky, caused by the refraction and dispersion of the sun's light by rain or other water droplets in the atmosphere. The colours of the rainbow are generally said to be red, orange, yellow, green, blue, indigo, and violet.

---------------

15th June 1986

On Mike and Elle's 2nd anniversary, it was raining yet the sun was out. Elle looked confused out of Mike's bedroom window in her pyjamas, while Mike continued to lightly snore.

"Mike?" Elle whispered, shaking her boyfriend's shoulder. He sleepily opened his eyes and smiled when the first thing he saw was his girlfriend leaning over him.

"Morning, baby, happy anniversary" Mike smiled, stroking her cheek. Smiling to himself watching as a pink blush went across her cheeks - proud that he put it there. Placing a short but sweet kiss to her lips.

"Morning, Mike, Happy anniversary," she said, then started pointing out to the window. "Mike, there's something in the sky,"

Mike smiled at Elle and he climbed out of bed. They both walked to Mike's window and saw the arch in the sky.

"It's a rainbow," Mike said, wrapping his arms around her from behind and he looked to the rainbow in the sky. "Remember what I told you about the little colour that came out of your necklace?" Mike asked.

Elle took the small, single heart necklace that Mike got her for her 15th birthday. She smiled at the pretty necklace.

"Refricted?" Elle said, accidentally pronouncing the name wrong.

"Refracted," Mike said, slightly correcting her. "Well, the light refracts through the raindrops and makes a rainbow. Which is a bigger version of the small colours that come out of your necklace," Mike said, watching Elle fiddle with the necklace.

She then let go of it and stared out of the window smiling at the pretty rainbow.

"Beautiful,"

"I know it is," Mike said, looking down at his beautiful girlfriend.