P.E, gone wrong... [Request]

Requested by megmax679

★★★★★★★

Since El came home, she adored the different aspects of P.E. Volleyball, Dodgeball, anything.

But this week, she was sat on the bench, missing out on a large game of Tennis.

El may love P.E but there's one aspect of this hour she hates. The girl with the huge crush on Mike.

Cassidy.

God does El hate her. She knows it's wrong to hate someone, but Cassidy just annoys El so much! Her perfect long, blonde hair, wide blue eyes, a bigger chest than small El. She's tall, bright and more deserving of Mike than she is...

★★★★★★★

By the end of the game, Mike's team and he looked over at her and smiled happily and brightly. Her loving boyfriend sent her a kiss her way and she smiled happily.

The tall blonde girl that El despises walked with something called 'swagger' as Lucas puts it, to Mike and goes to put her lips on his.

And before she's even realising what she's doing, Cassidy is knocked out cold on the gym floor with everyone worrying over the popular girl.

Everyone except one. Michael Wheeler.

"Shit..." Was the curse word that escaped El's mouth. One of the many she's learnt from Dustin, Lucas and Max...

★★★★★★★

She had done the only thing she knew to do in a confrontation.

Run.

She ran to where her pristine, shiny pink bike that her brothers - Will and Jonathan - had scraped the money together to buy her one and reach their little sister how to ride her new prised possession.

"EL! ELEVEN!" Mike shouted, making her whimper in fright. She hated confrontation, especially if it's one she  has to have with Mike.

Her favourite person on the planet...

The grip on the bike sent her knuckles a deathly pale shade of white. The same colour of Mike's chest when they go to the swimming pool.

When he was helping her learn how to swim.

Mike caught up with the small and fragile girl and shot out to grab her arm. In a bruising force.

"WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING?!" Ok, so some of El's swear words might have come from Mike on a bad day. "SHE COULD HAVE DIED! WHY WOULD YOU DO THAT? ARE YOU STUPID?!" Mike hollered, dragging her away from her bike and to his.

El goes to apologise and give him a hug and he pushes her away. And her head hits the metal bar that holds the bikes where they are.

And she's out cold...

★★★★★★★
- 1 week later -

The bleeping from the machine was only thing heard the the hospital room. Well, that's a lie. There's one thing that's drastically louder. Sobbing.

From Mike.

He remembers when she hit her head on the metal and passed out, she's been in a coma for the past week.

He had to leave her passed out by the bikes and ran as quickly as he could to get to the school's reception where he explained that Ellie Byers had passed out. Then he came up with an excuse as to why she wasn't in class (she's gone out for fresh air and tripped and hit her head) and why he was not in class (he went to go get some air as well and could only watch in fear as she fell).

He never left her side. Not once. He didn't go to school for the past week, he hasn't showered, his hair looks like a bird's nest, he hasn't slept in case she woke up in the middle of the night.

Guilt just incased him, he was the reason why she was in here. And there was a bruise in the shape of a hand on her wrist.

Where he held on to stop her from walking away.

It felt wrong and he hated himself for doing this to her. Laying the wrong type of hand on his girlfriend and she was still in a coma...

"El? Baby, please, wake up. I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. I know you're loving and protective of me, and I know why you did what you did. And it's my fault, I should have told her that I was with you. Don't leave me, please baby. I-I love you," Mike held her hand tightly, kissing her.

He's never told El that he loves her. And now the first time his true feelings are released, El possibly can't hear...

"I love you too, Mike Wheeler," came the scratchy reply. And Mike looked up from his hand enveloped in her soft and loving hands.

"El! Hi, darling. I'm so sorry. I'm the reason you're in here," Mike said and looked up at her and saw the bandage around her head and a pink gauze pad where her head hit the metal.

"Mike," she said, so sweetly and so lovingly, she held his hand and gently rubbed her thumb along his knuckles,  her eyes shining brighter than he's ever seen them.