Give Your Heart a Break

'Cause you've been hurt before
I can see it in your eyes
You try to smile it away, some things you can't disguise
Don't wanna break your heart
Baby, I can ease the ache, the ache
So let me give your heart a break, give your heart a break
Let me give your heart a break, your heart a break
There's just so much you can take
Give your heart a break
Let me give your heart a break, your heart a break

Over the next few weeks, Sharna began to very slowly improve. She did the tour and was amazing at keeping up that front to all the fans but Val and Peta could definitely see the pain she was hiding. It was going to be a process before she healed.

They had gotten the restraining order against Paul in place for the next 6 months which helped with some of her jumpiness however she refused to be alone. She stayed close to Val or Peta whenever she could and always ended up sneaking into Val's room or bunk at night. For some reason he was the person she felt safest with. The order hadn't done a thing for the continuing nightmares she was experiencing.

They managed to keep the majority of what had happened a secret from the rest of the cast however they knew bits and pieces. They knew they were over, that Paul was acting out, and that he had gotten violent a few times and threatening. They just were not aware of the extent and had respected the fact that Sharna didn't want to get into detail about everything.

As the weeks went on, her nightmares lessened and she seemed to be doing slightly better. And that was when she got the news her Nan had passed. It seemed to break the young girl just that much further. Her Nan, the one pieces of happiness that had always been there, was gone. Val & Peta had stepped in as much as possible however there wasn't much they could do to fix this one other than be there for her.

A few nights after the news, they were doing a show in Pittsburgh with a day off following, Sharna needed the quiet time. Peta had thought about doing a quiet movie day with her once they got to the hotel however she was going to NYC to do an interview with Maks so that meant Sharna was going to spend the day with Val. Val had definitely stepped into the male best friend shoes lately for her. He was without a doubt, to put it cheesily, her knight in shining armor.

"We're gonna go to dinner. It's right around the corner." Val said motioning to the street near the buses. They were standing in the midst of some fans who had stayed after to meet them. Sharna typically loved this part however with her anxiety from Paul, the crowds made her semi-nervous. She always made sure someone else was out there with her. Thankfully the fans were respectful and polite which helped immensely. Sharna was actually in the midst of meeting someone when Val told her.

"Uh...um...okay." She stammered in response letting go of the girl she had been speaking to.

"That okay?" Val asked quickly seeing that look cross her face. It was the look that clearly said, this is not okay.

"I...umm...yeah. I just, you're leaving now?" She said nervously.

"Yeah, I think everyone is slowly going to make their way over."

"Do you have to go right now? Can't you wait for me?" She said quickly and he could see the panic bubble up on her face.

"I wasn't leaving you babe. I'll wait for you. I won't go without you." He said softly as his eyes connected with hers. .

"But..."

"I meant they are going now, so when you're done." Val said motioning to the girl Sharna had been speaking with.

"Oh, oh, alright." She said realizing he had no intention of ever leaving her in the first place.

"I'm not leaving you. Go ahead." He said as he stepped back to wait for her. Once she finished, she put her stuff on the bus and then went out to meet him. The group made their way to dinner before going back on the buses for the trip to the next city. It was only a few hours away so the majority of them opted to stay awake and do a movie.