Over & Over Again (Part 2)

From the heat of night
To the break of day
I'll keep you safe
And hold you forever

Sharna woke up the next morning to an empty cold bed next to her. She sat up quickly and looked around wondering exactly where Val had went. She realized he probably hadn't wanted to deal with her this morning and had left before she woke up. She flopped back onto the bed as the thoughts of last night flew through her brain. Tears immediately filled her eyes as she tried to figure out what to do.

"Hey, you okay?" She heard Val's voice fill the room as the mattress dipped beside her. She looked at him in shock wondering where he came from.

"I thought you left." She said confused.

"I went to shower princess. I know we have a lot to do today so I figured I'd get it done quickly."

"Oh." She said as she wiped the few tears off her cheeks that had fallen. It was then that she noticed the towel in his hand as well as the fact that his hair was damp.

"You have a bad dream?" He asked as he stood up and threw his towel on the chair. Then he moved over to the other side of the bed and laid down beside her.

Her head shook fiercely as she flipped away from him and curled into herself.

"Shar." He said softly as he rested his hand on her shoulder. She tucked into herself further and he sighed."I'm going to go get ready and then head down. You come down when you're ready."

"Val....." She said softly as she felt him get off the bed.

"Yeah princess?" He said stopping and turning to look at her.

"Come back." She said sitting up and looking at him. He took her in for a minute before moving back over the bed and settling next to her. She slid over to his body and tucked into him. He wrapped his arms around her and held her for a minute.

"Better?" He asked as he felt her begin to relax.

"Mmhmm, I'm sorry. I just there's a lot on my mind." She whispered into his chest.

"I'm sorry princess. I shouldn't have said anything." He sighed.

"No, I'm glad you did. I just, I need to think. And then I thought you left this morning because you didn't want to deal with me and everything." She said meekly.

"Babe, never. I don't ever want you to think that. No matter what. No matter what you decide, there will never ever be a moment when I would just leave you or not want to deal with you. I love you and that will always remain regardless of if it stays as us being best friends or if it turns into something more. Okay?" He said as he hugged her tightly.

"Ok. Ditto for me too. You will always be my Val." She whispered.

"Good. Now what do you and Woo have planned for today?" He asked.

"Umm, we're going to see Mark and BC for lunch with some people and then I'm going to show her around the city a little bit. We're going to come back here way before dinner though so that she can rest some. We're going to do the tree tonight and late."

"You're going to the treeeee." He said half in a whine and half excited.

"Yup, she's never seen it. Do I hear a hint of jealousy in your voice?" She teased.

"Umm, maybe a little. It's a little known fact but I love the tree."

"Seriously?" She said pulling back to look at him.

"Yes!"

"Well come with us."

"I can't take your last night of Woo time."