Best Day of My Life

"What does an 8 month old wear for Halloween?" Val asked as he collected Bella out of her car seat. They were going Halloween costume shopping for the annual DWM Halloween party.

"A ladybug costume." Sharna said matter of fact as if it wasn't even a question.

"Oh, well then. And what are we being? Are we matching?" Val said as he settled the sleeping baby on his shoulder and wrapped her favorite blanket around her.

"I was thinking superhero-ish. And semi matching. Maybe couples?" Sharna said as she gathered the diaper bag.

"That works. So we know what we want for her and for us, we're just kind of hunting."

"Yeah, stroller?"

"Nah, She's out and I don't wanna risk moving her again. Unless you want it for the diaper bag."

"I'm good." Sharna said and then they headed into the costume store looking around. Sharna didn't need much for Bella at the store since her costume was going to be a black onesie with a red and black tutu and a headband.

"Spiderman." Val said seeing the costumes for the famed superhero.

"That's what you want for you?"

"What if that was both of us? There's different versions of Spiderman and so that way, you could be like one version and I could be a version. And plus it would get you into that sexy suit." Val said raising his eyebrows at his wife.

"You'd have to behave alllll night long." Sharna pointed out.

"Oh, as long as I get rewarded later in the evening, I definitely can make that happen."

"We'll see about that."

"Wait, does that mean you're on board?" Val said excitedly.

"If we can find the costumes, yes." Sharna giggled as Val kissed her before moving to look for the costumes they'd need. He was definitely excited about this year's plans. And considering some of the things he had agreed to be in the past for her, she was more than happy to let him take the lead on this one.

"Found them! I'll be black and you can be original." Val said presenting her with the two costumes. Hers was more sleek and form fitting while his was a little bulkier.

"They come with masks? That might scare the munchkin."

"They do but they aren't attached so we don't have to wear them. I think the suits will be enough. And now I have an idea. Will you hear me out on this one?"

"Oh boy, no conversation starts out good like that. But yes, I'll hear you out." Sharna said as she wondered through the aisles figuring she could get some ideas for the future.

"I think Bella should be a Spiderman too. We'd all match and it would be so cute. They had a little Spider-toddler outfit back there and it would be so cute babe. It came with a little mask which she wouldn't wear but it would be so cute. The bottom was a little sparkly skirt and the top was like a long sleeved onesie. I know you wanted a ladybug but can't we dress her up as a ladybug for trick or treat night?"

"Babe, we aren't even going trick or treating." Sharna said laughing. She didn't mind changing Bella's outfit but at the same time it was fun to give her husband a little bit of a hard time.

"Well no, but we're passing candy out and it's her first Halloween so we can dress her up for that. That way she matches us for the party and then she still keeps your idea.

"I mean.....I guess so." Sharna said turning her back to him so that he couldn't see the smirk on her face.

"Nevermind, it's okay. We can just keep her a ladybug." Val said slightly defeated.