Long Trip Alone

For dwtslover1421 thank you for the Burgatroyd idea. I hope you love how it came out. Thank you for all the support! :) 

So maybe you could walk with me a while
And maybe I could rest beneath your smile
Everybody stumbles sometimes and needs a hand to hold
Cause it's a long trip alone

"Are you excited for today?" Val said as he kissed his fiancé's shoulder early the one morning.

"Meh." She said with a shrug as she bit her lip and waited for his reaction.

"Excuse me?" He said leaning up and tipping her towards him.

"You know, I have to change my clothes so many times. I'll have to put one dress on and then decide what I like and what I don't like. And then do it over and over. It's a stressful process babe." Sharna was going wedding dress shopping that day with Peta. She had been looking for a while now through magazines and different websites so she had an idea of what she wanted but today was the big day that she was actually going out and they were going to look. Since her mom couldn't be there, Peta was going to Skype her in for a lot of it.

"Sharna May! You're teasing me right now." Val said looking at her incredulously.

"What? I'm being serious." She said however she lost her composure and her lips twisted into a tiny grin.

"I knew it! I knew it! There's that little grin of yours." He said as he bounced up in excitement.

"I can't believe you believed me." She said standing up and looking for a shirt to put on her body. If she stayed in the clothing or lack thereof, she wouldn't be going anywhere that day.

"You sounded so believable. You tricked me." He said with a pout as he rummaged through his drawer as well.

"I'm sorry love. Ohhh, can I?" She said as he moved a flannel button down out of the way.

"I think you have more of my clothes at this point than I do." He teased handing it to her as he found a white t-shirt to pull on.

"You love it. Are you breakfasting with me? Peta should be here in 2 hours." Sharna said as she looped her arms around his waist.

"I'll breakfast with you. Whenever P comes, I'll go over and hang with Maks and Shai. We're doing dinner there tonight right?" Val said kissing her softly.

"Right." She said kissing him back. She went to pull away however he held her gently to him.

"Are you going to bring this dress home with you?" He teased with a sparkle in his eyes.

"Absolutely not." She said as she kissed him once more and removed herself from his grasp. She headed out of the bedroom.

"Sharrrrrrr." He said as he followed her down to the kitchen trying to persuade her to bring the dress home with her.

***********************************************************************************************

"So, you know what you want right? Or at least the idea?" Peta asked as they stopped at their favorite coffee shop before heading over to the place they would be going to.

"Yeah, I know I like lace, especially on the bodice and neckline. I like the full skirts. I like the keyhole in the back. And I think I either want sleeves or half sleeves."

"You want sleeves...." Peta said looking at her.

"Yeah, do you think that's a bad idea? I just think it looks elegant." Sharna said with a shrug.