Tinman

Author's Note: Okay, so if you guys don't know this song, I suggest listening to it. It's by Miranda Lambert. I'll add a link to a YouTube Video at the bottom for anyone who wants to. Fair warning the song legit makes me sob even when I'm completely happy. But it's beautiful.

Hey there Mr. Tin Man
You don't know how lucky you are
You shouldn't spend your whole life wishing
For something bound to fall apart
Every time you're feeling empty
Better thank you lucky stars
If you ever felt one breaking
You'd never want a heart

"You ready princess?" Val said as he found Sharna waiting in the living room. He had been finishing up getting ready for their appointment.

"As ready as I'm going to be. I'm scared but at the same time, I just want to know." Sharna said standing up and moving over to him.

"I agree. I think once we know, we can decide what's next. Whether we start trying or whether we look into other options."

"Yeah. I'm not looking forward to all these tests Valentin." She said as she let him open her door and she slid in. He shut her door and moved to the other side.

"I know. At least I'm allowed to be with you through all of them." Val said as he started the car and backed out before heading toward the doctor.

"That'll help. It's just going to bring back all the memories of after. They had to...well, we talked about it." Sharna said softly. After they had gotten through the pregnancy test, they had decided to talk to Dr. Kate and then see about the appointment. Dr. Kate had said that she felt that the appointment and testing were a great idea. It would give Sharna some piece of mind or something that would help with what was next. She like Val knew it wasn't ideal but had also mentioned that there were options that they could proceed with if they weren't given the all clear. She also recommended a friend who was part of a fertility clinic that could do all the testing.

"I know babe, I'll help as much as I can." Val promised as he slipped his hand into hers, stroking the back of her hand with his thumb. After they called and made the appointment to discuss fertility, the receptionist explained all the testing they'd want to do. Sometimes, they let some of it slide but since Sharna had history of a previous miscarriage, they wouldn't take that chance. Some of the tests were quite invasive and were going to be similar to some of the procedures that Sharna went through after her miscarriage with Rose.

"Thanks, some of it is going to be fully me but I know having you there will help. I'm glad you can be with me for basically all of it." Sharna said gratefully. Initially, they had said that Sharna would need to be alone for two of the procedures, one involving a camera and the other x-rays. Val had decided to push it and was granted access into the camera procedure however, he couldn't be there for the x-rays. That one wasn't such a big deal.

"Me too. I thought for sure they were going to deny me but I'm glad they didn't. It just doesn't make any sense. If they are going to basically do every test back to back while you're there, why in the world couldn't I just stay? I mean it's not like I'd get in there way."

"My knight in shining armor. It's probably just routine protocol and they said they don't normally do all these back to back either. So it's probably nothing for them to have someone sit out."

"That's true. I'm glad they are going to do all yours together."

"Me too but it sounds like it's going to be pretty uncomfortable for a few days after."

"Just gives me an excuse to take care of you." Val said with a wink.

"Like you need an excuse for that. If people didn't know better, they'd think I was glass mister." Sharna teased.