c h a p t e r 1 6

It was Christmas Eve and I had woken up with butterflies in my stomach thinking of yesterday. I finally got up and made my way downstairs, my mother was sitting at the table by herself, coffee in hand and eyes red. 

"Mom are you alright?" She jumped in surprise when she saw me and rubbed her eyes. 

"Yeah, I think I may be catching a cold, couldn't sleep." 

"You don't have to lie to me. I can handle it, you know." Tears began to spill out of her eyes. "Oh god mom, it's okay. It's okay." I went up to her and hugged her, rubbing her back. "Dad doesn't deserve an amazing women like you, ok?" She nodded her head and wiped her tears.

"I'm going to go shower, hopefully it'll make this awful feeling go away. I love you and I'm sorry you had to see me like this."

"Mom it's alright. Love you too now go!" She smiled and I sat down, putting both my hands on my face. I knew that I put up a front as to where they're separation doesn't bother me but it does. It always will, and I'm not saying that I want them to get back together, because I don't. I don't want my mom hurting ever again. 

I heard a knock on my door and I got up, rubbing my eyes and opened it to find Luke standing there.

"Good-morning Princess, change out of your fuzzy pajamas I'm taking you somewhere."

"I will not do as told." I said.

"Don't make me make you."

"Ha ha I dare you." I tried to shut the door, but he put his foot in between. He began to move towards me as I backed up and he picked me up and threw me over his shoulders. 

"I told you, B." He said laughing. I could feel his body vibrating and it made me wish he would never put me down.

"You're a jackass, you know that?" 

"Sure, a jackass you want to kiss all the time."

"Oh shut it." I blushed, but luckily he couldn't see. He brought me up to my room and threw me on the bed. "Careful, I'm not a rag doll." He chuckled and entered my closet, soon coming out with a white dress. 

"Throw this on." He said as he turned around, his back facing me.

"Please don't look."

"I'll try my best not too." He said, and even though he wasn't looking at me, I could tell that he was smirking.

I quickly slipped off my pajamas and my tank top and threw on the dress. 

"I'm done." 

"Good, let's go then!" he grabbed my wrist and pulled me outside and in his car.

After a few minutes in the car, I looked over and asked him once again "Where are we going?" 

"Jeez B. We're going to the grocery store, mum said that she wanted me to make the desert tonight and I kind of wanted to do it with you." He gave me a cute little smile and returned his focus on the road. My heart stopped and I looked over at his hand that was resting on his thigh, tapping to the song on the radio. His window was slightly open, causing his hair to be messed up by the wind, giving him more of a dangerous look.

"Is there something on my face?" he asked and I shook my head, flashing him a small smile before looking away. 

Once we had gotten everyhing we needed from the store, he took me back to his house and we began baking the cake.

"So you two eggs, a fourth cup of water and a third cup of oil.." He read, reading the instructions. "Also we've got to preheat the oven to 350.. Oh! Okay we got this." I took the mix out and poured it into a bowl, Luke got the rest of the ingredients and put them next to me, just looking at me.