"i don't think i'm just your sister's boyfriend"

25: i don't think i'm just your sister's boyfriend

Luke and I didn't drive straight home, we stopped in the diner's parking lot first. Luke wanted to hear about my week and I didn't know what to tell him first. I also didn't know what to leave out.

"It was fine... but not great," I told him, shrugging my shoulders. "I need to go get a new phone soon."

"Oh, yeah," he said, remembering my phone situation. "Anything else exciting happen?" I shrugged and shook my head.

"What about you? What happened when I was gone?"

"Well, uh, we had a movie night and it was awful, if I'm being honest. Amie picked some dumb comedy and I hated it, I can't even remember what it was called. Amie and I have still been fighting a lot," Luke said, looking down at his lap. "I mentioned Australia to her and she's not going."

"What?" I asked, completely surprised.

"She's terrified of planes or something, and I told her I didn't want to be fighting in front of my parents. We're not doing very good," he told me, sighing quietly. "Tomorrow I'll bring up the idea of taking you instead. I still have an extra ticket."

"You don't have to take me—"

"Lana, are you kidding? Taking you without Amie is literally the most ideal situation ever. We would have so much more freedom. And we'd be able to figure everything out. We could go on dates, we could make out in public."

"I'm not just gonna make out with you in public, Luke."

"Okay, fine, we can make out in the car without feeling scared at all," Luke joked and I smiled, unable to help myself. "I really want you to go, Lana." Luke placed his hand on my knee, and I placed my hand on top of his. "I really missed you... and I take back the whole thing about giving up on this."

"Are you sure?"

"I'm positive, Lana. I'm sorry for being such a dick with the phone call thing, I don't know what came over me," Luke apologized, squeezing my knee gently. "I've just been in a mood all week because Amie's been so moody. And her getting some stomach bug is one of the worst things to ever happen. She was screaming all afternoon, more so than she usually does."

"That's okay," I told him, squeezing his hand back.

"I think Nate and her had sex. I don't know if she's feeling guilty, or if she's not into me anymore or whatever it is, but I think it's causing her to act the way she is."

"Wait, really?" I looked down at Luke's hand on my knee and thought to myself for a couple of seconds after seeing Luke nod in my peripheral vision. "Have they been talking?"

"I don't know," Luke told me with a shrug. "She's been on her phone so much lately that it wouldn't surprise me if they were texting, but I haven't caught her texting him or anything yet." I nodded and looked out the window.

"Will kissed me," I admitted, continuing to look away from Luke.

"I thought Sawyer—"

"Yeah, but Will kissed me too. Also, I kissed Sawyer the first time. I want to admit that, I'm not just about to keep things from you because it would be stupid of me. Will kissed me when we were alone and I wasn't into it, but thankfully he realized and didn't try it again. Sawyer, on the other hand, told me he really liked me and said really nice things to me and... it felt right. So I kissed him. I guess I got a glimpse of a relationship I could be in without going behind anyone's back and I just... realized how much I wanted that. But I don't like Sawyer, no matter how much I wanted to."