"little lana"

72: little lana

"The fridge is stocked, your cough is gone, and the house is cleaned

"The fridge is stocked, your cough is gone, and the house is cleaned. You'll be okay tonight?" I smiled at Luke as he mentally went through a checklist in his mind, counting on his fingers, and I slowly nodded as I stood, staring in admiration. "Lana, I can maybe stay an extra night—" 

"Luke, that's up to you. I'm okay, I promise. My parents will be back tomorrow night, and, in the meantime, I can ask Nat or Jess to come over... or something. It'll be okay. Go see Calum... the boys will want to talk to you, they have something to tell you." I sent Luke a wink and a small smile made its way on his face as he closed the space in between us and wrapped his arms around my frame.

"You're right, I need to go." Luke kissed my head, and let his lips linger for a while before pulling away. "No talking to estranged boys."

"I promise," I told Luke, nodding at his rule. "No talking to beautiful college girls."

"They don't stand a chance." Luke smiled at me sweetly and I raised my arm to gently place my hand on Luke's cheek. He brought his hand up to mine, and wrapped it around my wrist. Slowly rubbing his thumb against my skin. He leaned down and connected our lips, and as I felt his soft, luscious lips on my own, I leaned into him by stepping on my tiptoes. Luke moved his hands to my hips, and I brought my other hand up to his face. Luke swiftly lifted me up and sat me down on the kitchen counter as we continued to kiss.

I wrapped my legs around his upper thighs and Luke took his lips away from mine and trailed them along my jaw, to my neck. I clung to him as he went on, leaving wet kisses on the way. His nose moved the fabric of the oversized shirt I was wearing away from my shoulder, and he began to suck on the skin. I caressed the back of Luke's neck as he continued, and once he was satisfied with the mark he left, he hungrily reconnected our lips, being more aggressive than usual and causing our noses to battle as our lips moved in sync. I wrapped my arms around his neck as he leaned into me, and he moved one of his hands down to my bare legs and began to trail his fingers up my thigh.

"Is this what was happening behind my back?" I pulled away from Luke so quickly that the back of my head slammed into the cabinet. "Oh, shit, Lana. Are you okay?" I immediately held my head in my hands as I winced and I looked over at Amie. She made her way over to me and started to inspect me alongside Luke.

"Jesus, Amie," Luke said as he tried to move my hands so he could check me out.

"I was just trying to be funny! I'm sorry." Amie placed her hand on my knee and I laughed quietly as involuntary tears made their way to my eyes.

"I'm fine, I promise." I tried to put them both to ease, but my voice was shaky. "I was just surprised, I'll be okay. It scared me more than hurt." I waved Luke's hands away and he raised his arms in surrender as he moved them.

"So, what are you doing here?" Amie asked Luke, giving him a look of disapproval. "Is little Lana breaking a rule?"

"Amie, stop," I pleaded, sighing as I rubbed the back of my head. "I'm not little Lana, so don't call me that."