036

Maika

After practicing with Ayako, I decide to go visit Kaori at the hospital. I haven't seen her in a while because of school and dance, but that's not a good excuse to just not visit.

When I enter the facility, nurses and doctors greet me as I pass and I wave back in response. My knuckles knock on the wooden door to Kaori's room and I can hear her say behind the door, "Come in,"

I open the door and she sits upright in the bed. "Welcome back Maika! Haven't seen you in a while,"

"Hey, I'm sorry for not visiting as much as I should..." I apologize.

"It's no big deal, at least you came. Not like that other one, friend A..." She mutters. "Speaking of Kousei, how is he?"

"I don't know, kinda distant and I have other things so I haven't really payed attention."

"Like what?" Kaori questions.

"He's just not talking as much as he used to," I explain. "But I didn't come here to talk about Kousei. How are you?"

"I'm fine." She weakly smiles, attempt attempting to reassure me. Tears begin to brim in her eyes. "That was such a lie. I'm not okay."

I hug her tightly. "It's okay to be scared."

"I know that death.. it comes to everyone. No one can live forever, but memories can live forever. Will you all remember me when I leave?"

"Of course, but after you pass, I might soon join you up there.." I sniffle and a single tear streams down my cheek. "But I'm not ready to go... Not yet.."

Well that short and sad.. I really wanted to finish this fanfic by the end of this year but I guess not.

I know this isn't anime related, but HAPPY BIRTHDAY TAEHYUNG FROM BTS~~

Just wanted to point out that it's his birthday in Korea

I hope you enjoyed this chapter~

Rachel✍