046

Maika
Four Minutes Before

My eyelids flutter open, revealing the setting around me. I'm hooked up to machines while lying in the hospital bed. A nurse then enters the room, only to find me awake.

"Miss Akiyama, how are you feeling?" She questions me.

"I'm feeling better.. and you can call me by my first name."

"Alright. Can you feel your legs?" She asks.

I attempt to move my legs, but they don't listen to me. "No... Not yet.." I respond. "Is Watari here?"

"Do you mean that boy that brought you?"

"Yes."

"Yes, he's been waiting in the visitors lounge. You've been sleeping for over an hour." She explains. "Now that you're awake, should I send him in?"

"Yes please.. will you tell him about my situation?" I inquire.

"I was planning to."

"Please, tell him that I'm fine. Don't mention my disease."

"Why not Maika?" She walks over to the side of my bed.

"I want to tell him by myself. No one knows about my disease except two friends and my family. I want to face him when I finally tell the truth. Please, just tell him I was malnourished and had lack of sleep; that I'll be fine.."

She sighs and looks into my eyes. "Alright Maika. I'll tell him that."

Watari

I slowly tread over to the door of the waiting room, my heart beating faster with every step I take. "How is she?"

"Maika... Is fine. She's​ just malnourished and hasn't gotten enough sleep. If she rests a couple more days here, she'll be ready to be discharged."

I breathe out a sigh of relief. "Okay, thank you. May I see her?"

"Yes, she's also awake now."

I nod and follow the nurse into her room. Maika lies in the hospital room, hooked up to machines that show her vitals.

"I'll leave you two alone." The nurse says and exits the room.

Maika looks towards me and smiles. "Hey Watari,"

"Maika," I walk towards the side of her bed and sit. "How are you feeling?"

"I'm doing better. I guess I overworked myself with teaching Ayako."

Without thinking, I wrap my arms around her and accidentally catch her by surprise. "Please... Don't work yourself to much. I told you that you need to rest. I don't want you to be here."

♪ ♪ ♪

I'm so sad, I just got back to Michigan after being in California TT

And after seeing BTS. What really makes me mad is that I didn't write a letter to them and gave it to them, I was gonna do that but I didn't because I didn't know that you could go into the pit after the concert and I could've put the letter with all of the plushies that people threw onto the stage....

Rachel✍