051

Kaori

At least every week, I try to visit the girl named Akiyama Maika in the hospital. Her condition isn't as bad as it was, but she hasn't woken up yet.

Four weeks have gone by since I started visiting her, and I've been to the hospital at least thirteen times. Everytime that I come, I bring a single flower and add it to the vase of flowers. When I walk into her room this time, a woman sits next to her bed, her head facing the ground. She looks up when she hears the door open.

"Oh! I'm sorry, I'll be leaving," I apologize​.

"Wait, are you Miyazono Kaori?" The woman asks. Her caramel hair is tied up into a bun and she wears a black blazer with a matching pencil skirt.

"Yes."

"Thank you so much... I mean it from both of us."

• • •

"I'm Maika's mother. The day they were in a car accident, I was at work so my husband took her to see the ballet Swan Lake," She looks down to Maika and sniffles. "My Maika never had many friends, people would make fun of her for her passion for dance. Even the girls in her ballet class wouldn't talk to her since they thought she wanted to be better than everyone else, but that wasn't the case."

"So she dances?" I question.

"Yes. She started last year so she didn't have much time or experience, but her passion is strong for it. Now she's here and I don't know if she'll be able to use her legs." She looks at me. "When she wakes up, please stay by her side. I want her to finally have someone."

♪ ♪ ♪

I just came from lyrical and there was only three people out of the nine in our class and we only have four more rehearsals till recital. Idk what we're gonna do and my teacher was pissed and panicking °-°

Rachel✍