055

Maika

"I have to go now, are you sure you don't want to come home with me?" Kaori asks me after the show.

"No it's fine, my mom said that she would pick me up." I reply. She waves me goodbye and leaves the lobby.

Kioshi has also left and so I'm all alone.

I sigh and start to head to the bathroom when I hear the people in the lobby quiet down and start to whisper.

"Of course, Arima won again."

"All he ever does is practice, never goes out, doesn't have any friends."

"He's just his mother's puppet."

I look and see Arima Kousei walk in the middle of the hallway, the crowd parting and near the wall. I walk past him, my fists clenched at what they're saying.

"Hey! You don't have the right to say that about him. Just leave Arima alone..." I yell out. The crowd stares at me, stunned but then eventually goes on with their business.

I turn and see Arima Kousei standing still, frozen. "You didn't have to do that." He says.

"I know, but it was better than doing nothing and letting you just listen to all of them." I respond.

He turns to face me and stares at me with his dark cobalt eyes. "What's​ your name?"

"Akiyama Maika."

He extends his hand out to me, one hand still holding the score close to his chest. "I'm Arima Kousei."

The next day at noon, the doorbell rings four times before I answer it. "Kaori?"

"Maika!! What do you think about changing instruments?" She questions.

I raise an eyebrow. "Changing to what?"

"String instruments! I've decided to play the violin. For you, I was thinking the cello so we can duet!"

"Why the sudden change?"

"Yesterday when I saw Arima Kousei play, I suddenly really wanted to play with him. Not on the piano, but something else. That's what I truly want now."

♪ ♪ ♪

I'm super stressed rn bc I forgot to turn in a permission slip for school since I was on a field trip the day it was turned in and I'm not sure if they'll let me turn it in late 😥

Also before I forget, thank you for over 300 votes! Honestly, I was shook when I saw it was that much. Thank you for reading!

Rachel✍