What's going on?

Ashton fought the tears as he made his way back to the living room.

"You okay, Ash?" Braxton asked standing up once he saw Ashton's pained expression.

"I-I don't know." Ashton swallowed hard.

"What's going on?" Braxton frowned.

Ashton debated whether he should tell Braxton, he was his brother, surely he would understand.

"Are you worried about tonight?" Michael piped up before Ashton could respond.

"Why would you be worried about tonight?" Braxton asked turning back to Ashton.

"You're going to be fine. You don't have to tell your parents right now." Michael spoke again.

"Is that what this is about?" Braxton asked frowning at his brother.

Ashton only nodded not trusting his voice.

"Were you and Luke arguing about that? I told you not to be mad at him for telling me. I wish I'd known sooner. And Michael is right, you don't have to tell our parents tonight." Braxton spoke reassuringly.

"But it would be a good night to." Braxton urged.

"Why?" Ashton frowned.

"Well, I wasn't going to say anything until tonight but, Camilla and I are officially dating." Braxton answered.

Ashton smiled happily at his brother.

"That's incredible! Mom's gonna be thrilled!" Ashton grinned.

"Which is why it would be a good time to tell her about you." Braxton put a hand on his shoulder.

"And no matter what, you have my support."

"Thank you." Ashton smiled pulling Braxton into a hug.

At that moment Luke walked into the living room in nothing but a towel.

"Hey, cutie, what are you doing walking around looking like that?" Braxton winked jokingly.

Luke laughed before disappearing into the kitchen. 

Ashton felt his heart race at the sight of Luke.

"Hey, Luke, what are you wearing tonight. I don't feel like matching like we did last time we did a family dinner." Braxton laughed.

"Wait, Luke's coming?" Ashton asked suddenly concerned.

"Yeah, we're doing a hemwin dinner. You know that, we do them all the time." Braxton nodded.

"R-right, I just forgot." Ashton shifted nervously.

"Mom is super excited that you two are getting along. She told mamma Liz and she's just as excited." Braxton grinned widely.

Ashton forced a smile.

Luke walked in then.

"I was probably just going to wear a black button down." Luke said holding a bottle of water. His towel wrapped loosely around his waist

Ashton walked towards Luke. He carefully placed his hands on Luke's bare hips. Pulling the boy in closer to him he leaned in pressing his lips to Luke's gently. Luke wrapped his arms around Ashton's neck pulling him in closer. Ashton's hands roamed Luke's bare back. When suddenly, Braxton.

"Ash, are you listening?" Braxton asked snapping his fingers at his brother.

"Ummm, sorry, what?" Ashton shook his thoughts away.

"We're leaving here at five. Stop stressing." Braxton responded placing a hand on Ashton's shoulder.

Ashton nodded his eyes landing on Luke who turned and walked away with out a word.

-

"Ashton come on we're leaving!" Braxton called.

Ashton blinked back a few spare tears. He'd been crying silently in his room for the past hour. He wanted Braxton to know about his feelings for Luke but he didn't want to to hurt his brother especially after what had happened with Louis and Harry.

Ashton made his way into the living room to find Braxton and Luke waiting for him.

The three hurried and climbed into the vehicle when Braxton let out an annoyed groan.

"I forgot my keys and my phone." Braxton went back inside.

Luke turned to Ashton.

"Look, let's just pretend we're sort of friends for the night okay." Luke snapped.

"Luke, I know you're mad at me but I promise I never did any of that to hurt you I-"

Luke cut in sharply.

"I don't want to hear it. Just please let dinner go over smoothly."

Just before Ashton could respond, Braxton reappeared.

The ride was silent. Braxton contemplated bringing it up but he could sense the tension so instead he brought that up.

"Ash, I know you're upset about Luke telling me you were gay but please don't be, isn't it nice knowing that you can be you now and you don't have to pretend anymore." Braxton smiled looking in his rear view mirror to see Ashton's still sad eyes.

"Ash, have you been crying?" Braxton asked suddenly concerned.

"No." Ashton lied.

"Ash what is going on?" Braxton demanded.

"I can't stop pretending. Even if I come out, the guy I'm in love with still wants nothing to do with me." Ashton's voice cracked.

"You're in love with someone?" Braxton frowned.

"Who is it?"

"Someone from school, I'll probably never see them again so I just need to get over him." Ashton answered vaguely.

"It's Jace isn't it? You hung out with him a good bit." Braxton noted.

Ashton was about to deny it when he realized that was a perfect lie. Instead of answering Ashton stayed silent.

"Really, the blonde guy in our Brit lit class?" Luke asked feeling incredibly jealous all of a sudden.

Ashton nodded silently going along with the lie.

Surely this wouldn't backfire.

*AN*
Okay, what do you guys think?? Hope you like it. Love you!