We have to stop

Luke was unpacking his room when there was a slight knock. He turned to see Braxton in the doorway.

"Mind if I come in?" Braxton asked.

Luke nodded.

"Is everything okay?" Luke asked.

"I just wanted to thank you for giving Ashton a chance. I can't tell you how much it means to me that you two get along." Braxton answered.

"I didn't realize it was such a big deal to you." Luke frowned.

"At first I struggled with it. Ash and I argued about it a lot. But over time I just realized that's how things were going to be. I I honestly expected you two to get over it sooner. When you didn't it started to bother me again. I didn't bring it up because you're both so important to me. When mom told me about the sleeping situation in Hawaii I decided to give it one last ditch effort. I never expected it to work, but you two are actually getting along. I'd really like that to continue and even progress into a more meaningful friendship." Braxton smiled.

"Well, let's take it one step at a time." Luke laughed lightly.

"I know, I know, I just wanted to say thank you anyways." Braxton chuckled.

Luke only smiled. Braxton wouldn't be so thankful if he knew he'd slept with Ashton twice.

Ashton laid on his bed scrolling through Facebook when Braxton walked in.

"Hey, Ash."

"Hey, Brax, what's up?" Ashton asked putting his phone aside and sitting up.

"I just wanted to thank you for giving Luke a chance. I know that wasn't easy for you." Braxton smiled.

"I know how much it bothered you." Ashton shrugged.

"Do you think you'd be willing to create a close friendship with him?" Braxton asked hopefully.

"Are you trying to get me to steal your best friend?" Ashton chuckled.

"No, I would just like to see you two as close as he and I are." Braxton laughed.

"Yeah, don't hold your breath." Ashton answered.

"Why? Luke is willing." Braxton frowned.

"I'm not Luke." Ashton snapped.

"You guys were doing so good, what happened?" Braxton frowned.

"Nothing, I just don't think I can handle being that close to him. Besides he's your best friend, I have Liam." Ashton answered.

"There's been some tension between you and Liam since he and Luke...you know." Braxton pointed out.

"That's because of his feelings for Luke. I didn't want them to come between you and Luke.

"I appreciate that but Luke doesn't have feelings for Liam so it's okay. Besides Liam seems to really be into Zayn." Braxton smiled.

"He seems to be." Ashton agreed hoping it was truly the case.

"Anyway, at least consider being closer to Luke?" Braxton begged.

"We'll see." Ashton sighed. He really didn't think he could handle being any closer to Luke.

"You're the best." Braxton grinned.

Ashton forced a smile back. Braxton wouldn't think that if he'd known he'd slept with his best friend twice.

As Luke finally finished unpacking everything Ashton walked in.

"Hey, can we talk a second?" Ashton asked closing the door behind him.