It sounds bad any way you put it

Ashton walked into the house. After hanging out with Jace for several hours he'd gone out drinking. He wanted to see Luke. He made his way to Luke's room. It was late but he didn't care.

Ashton was reaching for the door knob when he stopped.

"Oh, Niall, fuck, yes!" Luke's gruff voice echoed in Ashton's ears.

Ashton stumbled back knocking into Calum's door.

Calum opened the door to see Ashton staring at Luke's closed door.

"Ash. Come on." Calum pulled Ashton out of the hallway and into his room.

"Why is he here?" Ashton asked looking at Calum sadly.

"Luke called him." Calum answered. He felt bad for Ashton.

"Why do I have to love him, Cal?" Ashton asked tears threatening his eyes.

"Cause he's a good person." Calum answered wrapping an arm around Ashton's shoulder.

"He's never been one to sleep around. Why is he? I don't understand. He said he was over Liam." Ashton frowned.

"I...he...I wish I could tell you." Calum shrugged. He really didn't. It wasn't fair that Luke and Ashton hadn't feelings for each other but could tell each other.

Ashton felt the tears finally win. They slipped down his cheeks quicker than he could wipe them away.

"Why did you tell Braxton you had feelings for Jace?" Calum asked pulling Ashton into closer.

"I didn't mean to. He was bugging me about what was wrong I slipped up answered told him I couldn't be with who I wanted to. He asked who it was. I couldn't tell him it was Luke. He mentioned Jace and I went with it. I didn't expect him to call him and tell him." Ashton sniffed.

"He was only trying to help." Calum said rubbing Ashton's back.

"I know, but now I'm dating Jace and Luke is fucking some guy." Ashton sobbed.

"You're dating Jace?" Calum asked surprised.

"I have to. What am I going to do, tell Braxton I was lying? Besides Jace is such a great guy, I couldn't possibly hurt him by telling him I don't have feelings for him. And who knows maybe this is exactly what I need to get over Luke.

"So you're rebounding." Calum commented.

"It sounds bad when you put it like that." Ashton sighed.

"It sounds bad any way you put it." Calum said frowning.

"Please don't say anything Cal?" Ashton begged.

"I won't." Calum sighed even though he really wanted to. This wasn't fair to anyone involved.

The next morning Ashton woke to find Luke and Niall at the kitchen table talking.

"Oh, morning Ash, I didn't know you were home. Your room was empty." Luke spoke surprised and perhaps a bit nervous?

"I crashed in Calum's room. What's he doing here?" Ashton glared at Niall.

"I was just leaving actually." Niall said standing. He leaned over to give Luke a hug and placed a quick kiss on his cheek.

Once he was gone Ashton glared at Luke.

"Again?" Ashton snapped.

"You didn't come home til super late." Luke shrugged.

"Besides you have Jace now." Luke spoke almost sadly.

"So what he's just a regular booty call now?" Ashton asked.

"I don't see how that's any of your business." Luke snapped.

"What is with you? Is this about Liam, cause I thought you were over him." Ashton snapped back.

"I am over Liam." Luke answered in an irritated tone.

"Then why are you doing this?" Ashton demanded.

"Why do I need a reason? Can't I just want to?" Luke asked  in annoyance.

"This isn't like you." Ashton huffed.

"Oh yes, cause you know sooo much about me." Luke rolled his eyes.

"I have to go." Luke grumbled before stalking out the front door.

Ashton sighed taking a seat at the now empty table.

He felt his phone buzz in his pocket. He pulled it out to see a text from Jace.

"Morning, beautiful."

Ashton smiled sadly before responding.

"Morning, babe, can I see you?" Ashton needed a distraction from Luke.

"Of course, wanna meet for lunch?" Jace responded.

Ashton smiled. Maybe this really was what he needed.

*AN*
Short filler chapter. Hope you liked it. Also I started my new story. It's called All bets are off, hope you'll check it out.