Meet the Parents

Ashton walked in the house at quarter to four. He looked worn out.

"Hey, Ash." Michael spoke with a small smile.

"Hey, Mikey." Ashton spoke tiredly.

"Are you okay?" Michael asked worried for his friend.

Ashton nodded.

"Luke told us you two talked." Michael gave Ashton a sympathetic smile.

"Yeah, we did." Ashton answered.

"It's for the best, you know." Michael spoke encouragingly.

"That somehow doesn't make it any easier." Ashton sighed.

"Ashton Fletcher, where have you been? Why aren't you ready yet? We have to leave here in fourty minutes." Braxton spoke in his brotherly tone walking into the living room.

"I've got plenty of time." Ashton rolled his eyes.

"I swear you would never know Ashton was the oldest." Luke laughed walking in behind Braxton.

Ashton and Luke's eyes met for a brief moment before Ashton turned back to Braxton.

"You're right, he IS bossy." Ashton laughed lightly as Braxton shoved him.

"Go get ready, I'm going to get Camilla. When is Jace getting here?" Braxton asked grabbing his keys.

"I-umm...not sure." Ashton shrugged. He'd been debating on breaking up with Jace all day. At lunch he had faked it enough to keep Jace from being suspicious. He hadn't decided if he wanted to bring him to dinner or not. He knew his parents were eager to meet him and Camilla. He didn't want to let anyone down. Most of all Braxton. He'd thought he'd helped Ashton in such an important way and Ashton didn't have the guts to tell him otherwise.

"Well you better call him. Tell him to head this way." Braxton said before leaving.

Ashton went to walk away when Luke spoke up.

"You didn't break up with him did you?" Luke asked frowning.

"N-no...not yet." Ashton answered ashamed.

"Good. Please don't." Luke pleaded.

Ashton stared at Luke. He wanted nothing but to kiss him.

"But-"

"Please, Ash." Luke begged.

Ashton only nodded.

"Call him." Luke ordered.

Ashton sighed pulling out his phone.

"Hey, babe, I was just about to call you." Jace said cheerfully into the phone.

"H-hey." Ashton spoke uneasily.

"Can you head this way? Braxton is being...well Braxton." Ashton said avoiding Luke's eyes.

"Yeah, give me like five minute's and I'll head over."

"Okay, see you soon." Ashton spoke.

"Okay, I love you." Jace said causing Ashton's eyes to meet Luke's.

"I love you too." Ashton spoke looking directly into Luke's eyes.

Luke gave a small smile before turning away.

Ashton hung up his phone. He opened his mouth to say something to Luke but he knew it wouldn't do any good so instead he went to get ready.

-

Luke opened the door to see Jace smiling at him. Luke hated him so much.

"Hey, Luke." Jace grinned as Luke moved aside allowing Jace in.