Barely Friends

Luke and Ashton laid in the dark silently.

After the kiss they'd shared it had been slightly awkward between them.
Luke felt bad, he felt like it was his fault. He wanted to reach over and pull Ashton into him but he didn't. He wasn't dating Ashton and they were barely friends.

Ashton fought to get the thoughts of Luke out of his head. The last kiss had been different. It scared Ashton. It was like thier was meaning to the kiss but he didn't think Luke had felt it. Ashton hated the awkwardness that had developed after. He wanted to pull Luke into him but he knew he couldn't. He wasn't dating Luke and they were barely friends.

The next morning Luke and Ashton were being woken up by Liam barging into the room.

Liam glanced around looking for any evidence that the two might have slept together again.

"Come on you two, we have a flight to catch." Liam said yanking the covers back.

"Ugh, Liam I hate you." Luke grumbled tiredly.

"Aww, but Luke I love you." Liam chuckled.

Ashton didn't react to Liams remark despite the irritation he felt.

"Well I hate to say this, but I'm currently in bed with another man so." Luke laughed.

Liam acted fake hurt.

"You would choose Ashton over me? I'm hurt Luke."

"Well what can I say? He's better in bed." Luke laughed again before going into the bathroom.

Liams smile faded as he and Ashton made eye contact.

"We didn't do anything, I swear." Ashton whispered.

Liam shifted uncomfortably before speaking.

"Calum and Michael went to grab some breakfast."

"Okay, we'll be right out." Ashton nodded.

Liam turned then and walked out. Ashton let out a heavy sigh before falling back on the bed. He never should have told Liam about his feelings for Luke. Braxton was right, it was dangerous.

Once at the airport Braxton turned to Luke and Ashton.

"After this flight you two are free of each other." He smiled.

Ashton only nodded and Luke gave a small smile.

"Are you two okay?" Braxton asked frowning.

"Yeah, just tired." The two chorused earning a raised brow from Braxton.

"Ash, you're my twin brother, Luke, you're my best friend, I know you both better than that." Braxton crossed his arms over his chest.

"I'm fine, really." Luke answered.

"I just don't want to leave." Ashton fake pouted.

Braxton frowned at both of them but before he could respond they were told to board the plane.

"Are you really okay?" Luke asked Ashton in a low voice as they took thier seats.

"Yeah." Ashton lied. Truth was he wasn't ready to give up his time with Luke. But he knew they had to stop not only because of Braxton but Liam too.

"Are you sure?" Luke frowned at the troubled looking guy.

Ashton couldn't help but smile at Luke. He was so sweet.

"You're really sweet you know that?" Ashton grinned.

"That's strange coming out of your mouth." Luke laughed.