Chapter 39.

He felt that he was not in a correct state of mind because if there was something he was thinking about at that point of time, then it was just his work and with a pile of files in front of his eyes, he could barely think about anything. The reason why, he didn't really curse himself for being late.

He sighed as he finally got what he was looking for, his car keys. Right now that was the only thing he needed the most and of course, his mobile phone too. His one hand loosely gripped his phone as he opened the lock with the password pattern he had registered and opened his call logs when he saw his father's name on the top of the list and on the second number, it was her name - Sanyukta.

He dialled her number and swiftly walked out of the office after making sure that there wasn't anything left in there. She picked up as soon as he settled himself inside the car. He smiled.

"Hey," She chipped casually over the phone, trying to sound cheerful but Randhir realised something was wrong.

"Are you okay?" He asked as he closed the door next to him and buckled up his seat belt. If there was anything in this world which would never go well with him, then it was this. She was sounding low and that didn't really happen, but when it did, that meant something was terribly wrong.

"Yes, I am, Randhir. Don't worry. By the way, why did you call? Are you not coming?" She asked as she tried to sound normal.

"I called you to talk about it. Actually, I'm sorry but I think I can't come today. I'm tired as hell. Aah," He winced as he straightened his frame and touched his back, which was paining a lot. He was definitely not lying.

It hurt her. Yes, it did. She was actually waiting for him to come and was dying to show him the preparations she had done for him, but now it didn't matter. She didn't even have the slightest idea about why she did that. She didn't have any idea that she was trying to look good. It hurt her when he said that he's not coming, but then his next words, it hurt her more. His squeal, it hurt her more than anything. He was in pain, and even she was because of it. A tear rolled down her cheek when she heard him squealing again.

"Take care of yourself, please," Her voice cracked when she said that and that was enough for him to know how much she loved him. He didn't care if she knew it or not, but he was sure, and even he didn't know why.

"I'm fine don't worry about me," He said and by that time, tears of joy had already started coming out of his eyes.

"Your father is not at home, right? Do you want me to come over?" She asked and pressed her lips together. Looking down at the floor, she didn't dare to lift her eyes up and look around.

"No Sanyukta, I'm okay. You take care and have your dinner," He said and then wiped his tears off his face.

"Sure?" She asked to confirm.

"Yes," He replied and smiled. This girl herself didn't know how cute she was. Randhir had felt the love, and for him, that was more than enough.

---

A/N - Okay guys so here it is. Sorry will be a small word I know but anyway! I need reviews pleaseeeee! And Vote!