Mitch Marner ~ TML

How can I trust you..? ft. Martin Garrix (953 words)

---

My laptop buzzed all of sudden as I was studying for a college exam, not expecting someone to call me through FaceTime or Skype (your pick). Clicking the call button, I was met with a face of a friend of mine. A famous best friend from Amsterdam, actually.

"Hello, Y/N? Are you there?" I heard my friend speak and my face lit up with a grin immediately after I heard the familiar Dutch accent. 

"Hey, Martin! It's great to talk to you again, how are things going?" I smiled as I adjusted the computer screen well enough for the camera to focus on my face and well as to see his face better

"I just got back to Amsterdam after playing a show in Myanmar for New Year's Eve." Martin rested an arm behind his head as he laid on his couch.

"Isn't almost 2 in the morning over there?" I chuckled to myself as I continued to color-code highlight my notes, wanting to make sure that I aced the upcoming exam.

"Ehh, I'm not that tired actually." Martin shrugged his shoulders, not caring about the 6-hour difference between Toronto and Amsterdam.

"Watch those words, Garritsen." I joked, pointing a yellow highlighter towards him, "you might embarrass yourself in front of a sold-out crowd due to the lack of sleep."

"Waarom ben ik zelfs vrienden met je mee?" (Why am I even friends with you?) Martin replied in his mother tongue of Dutch and it was my turn to shrug my shoulders back at him.

"Omdat we met elkaar omgaan als broer en zus. We hebben allebei om elkaar, Martijn." (Because we treat each other like brother and sister, we both care about each other, Martijn.) I replied back to him in Dutch. I was fluent in the language as my mother was from the Netherlands and she taught me and my siblings to speak the language along with the English we learned in school.

"That's true if I will be honest with you," Martin quietly laughed, "speaking of which. How are things between you and Mitch?"

"He's been at practice for the day and he should be back any mom-" I spoke back as an answer to Martin's question but was cut off by the loud slam of the door. "And, he's home!"

I heard heavy footsteps coming up the stairs and before I knew it, the door was open to Mitch finding me sitting up on the bed, the headboard supporting and all, with the laptop on my lap.

"Hey, Mitch! I was just talking to a friend of mine." I waved at him as he made his way towards the bed, diving head first onto the pillow. "You know Martin Garrix?"

"Yeah?" Mitch nodded his head, his confused blue eyes staring up at me.

"Hey, Mitch." Martin waved on the other line, cracking a smile. "It's so nice to finally meet my best friend's boyfriend."

"How are... Are you two... Wha..." Mitch was at a loss for words as Martin and I looked at each other before focusing back on Mitch, thinking about whether he was having a good reaction or a bad one.

"Martin's a dear friend of mine from the Netherlands. He and I used to hang out whenever I went to Amsterdam with my family for vacation. His mother and my mother are close friends and that's how we know each other." I explained to Mitch and he nodded his head.

"It's so nice to meet you too, Martin. Sorry for the outfit, I just got back from practice," Mitch laughed and Martin shook it off. "Big fan of your music."

"It's not a big deal. And thank you!" Martin shrugged his shoulders and we continued to talk for a while before Martin decided it was finally time for him to go to bed as he had to go back to his studio the next day.

---

"Hey, Y/N?" Mitch asked out of the blue as we laid in bed, my back against his chest.

"Hmm, Mitch?" I mumbled, drool escaping out of my mouth. It wasn't a pretty scene, to be honest, but it happens.

"Did you have feelings for Martin before you and I started dating?" He mumbled into my ear and this made me open my eyes.

Rolling around to face him, I was dumbfounded by his question. I looked into his blue eyes and I was shocked.

"What makes you think that?" I sputtered, my eyebrows furrowed as I shook my head.

"I don't know... You two seemed to have some chemistry between you two and I-"

"Mitch, you are just jealous of the friendship that I share with him. What you and I have is way different. It's love that we share, Mitch."

"But still, did you love him way before you loved me, Y/N?"

"Oh my god, you are being ridiculous, Mitch."

"So, did you or did you not?"

"I. Did. Not." I gritted my teeth, anger started to seep out of my mouth. "Martin and I are just friends, Mitch. I can't believe you don't trust me...."

I got out of bed and started to get dressed up in whatever was comfortable. I grabbed my phone and headed out the bedroom, not wanting to see and talk with Mitch at the moment. 

--- 

What do you think? I think I want to write a second part of this but it all depends you. If you guys like it, I might write another part of this, but for now; here's part one if there was a second part or more. Hope you enjoyed the imagine! Have a GREAT rest of your day or night and I'll see you later!

- Priya 😀