Dylan Larkin ~ DET

"Are you okay?" 

"Why do you ask?" 

"Because you're wearing two different shoes..." (657 words)

---

"Woah, Dyl! Are you okay?" His best friend, Zach, asked him as he looked at the disorganized Dylan enter his apartment.

"Yeah, I'm fine, Zach... Why do you ask?" Dylan looked at the nineteen-year-old with an odd expression, not noticing what he had done.

"Just in case you didn't see yourself in a mirror before you left... Because, you're wearing two different shoes," Zach contained his laughter to himself, not wanting to upset him.

"Damn it," Dylan muttered to himself as soon as he caught the fashion catastrophe, "Anyways, I need your help with something."

"Yeah, sure, Dylan," Zach paused his game of NHL 17 and turned around to face him, "what's up?"

"Can you help me out with something for Y/N's anniversary surprise?" Dylan begged, wanting his help.

"With what? Helping you pick out the ring?"

"I want you to distract her while I do that."

---

"Zach? What are you doing here?" Y/N looked at him in a confused manner as soon as she opened the door.

"I need your help with something," Zach nervously smiled as he lifted the laptop in his arms, "I have to go to a wedding that's coming up pretty soon and I was wondering if you could help me out with writing the best man speech?"

"Uh, sure? Come on in," she stepped aside for Zach to enter her apartment and directed him towards the living room. "Take a seat on the couch. Do you want anything to drink?"

"Water is fine for me, thank you." Zach smiled in a fake way, which Y/N had not caught, thankfully.

"How long have you known the engaged couple?" Y/N yelled from the kitchen, trying to get the creative ideas flowing through her mind.

"Uhh, I knew the groom probably since I was ten. And, I met the bride when we went to U of M together." Zach yelled back at her as his response, fingers clicking and clacking on the keyboard.

"Do I happen to know them?" Y/N walked back into the living room and handed Zach his glass of water, before taking her own seat next to Zach.

"No, I don't think so," Zach shook his head and looked at his friend before pointing towards the computer screen, "so, how does it look so far?"

---

"Thanks for helping me write the speech, I really appreciate it." Zach nodded his head and gathered his laptop, preparing to stand up... Only to get stopped by Y/N; who was growing suspicious of him.

"Zach, do you know something that I might not know?" She growled at him, wanting answers for his antics. She also had not seen her boyfriend, Dylan, all day and she was disappointed because she spent the past two-and-a-half hours of her anniversary helping his best friend write a speech.

"I-I don't think so? If you-you're asking about where Dylan is, then I do-don't know where he is..." Zach stuttered, but he was saved by the door opening, who turned out to be the man of the hour. "Oh, there he is! Well, I'm just going to head out... Hope you two have a great rest of your anniversary!"

And just like that, he scurried and left the apartment, leaving her and Dylan together.

"What the hell was that about?" Y/N looked at Dylan as she crossed her arms, not being impressed with him.

"He was just over here while I went out doing an errand?" Dylan played with the box in his hands, which Y/N couldn't see.

"With what?" And on command, he kneeled down on one knee and opened the box to reveal a simple diamond ring.

"Will you marry me?" 

--- 

Tomorrow is lined up to have David Pastrňak and Mikkel Boedker imagines up! I hope you enjoyed the imagine; have a GREAT rest of your day/night, and I'll see you later! Bye!

- Priya 😀