Mikkel Boedker ~ SJS (12/16)

Happy birthday! (1505 words)

---

"Just make sure that he doesn't get suspicious of anything," Y/N whispered into the phone, not wanting for him to listen to the conversation that she was currently having with Martin. "I know that you can't keep a secret."

"What!? I can keep a secret to myself, thank you much!" Martin sputtered, pretending to be offended by the comment. "Do you want me to keep him out of the house for a few hours?"

"Yeah, if you and Timo can keep him out of the house for a few hours, that would be great. Plus, I have a surprise for him coming to San Jose..."

"Wait, hold on," Martin's line was silent for a few seconds before she heard a dial tone. Y/N knew what he was doing; he was setting up a three-way call with Timo, him, and her. "Timo, pick up the phone..."

"Hello?" Y/N heard a sleepy voice on the third line and a yawn followed after. "Why are you calling so early?"

"You're calling 8:30 in the morning early?" She sarcastically rolled my eyes, knowing how much he loved his sleep. "That's not why he called you. You remember what December 16 is?"

"Uhh, 9 more days until Weihnachten?" (Christmas) Timo answered, having his mind set on the upcoming holiday of Christmas.

"More like Mikkel's birthday..." Martin whispered into the phone, "sorry if that came across rudely. Unless I have a cup of coffee in the morning, I'm pretty unfriendly."

"Aren't you always unfriendly?" Timo retorted back at Martin and Y/N rolled her eyes at the statement.

"Oh, you take that back, Meier!"

"Or what, Jones?"

"Why you little-"

"Guys! We're getting sidetracked here! I'll see you both here in 15 minutes." Y/N broke up the argument and hung up the call before anything was said.

Setting the phone on the bedside table a few feet away from the bed, Y/N looked over her shoulder to find Mikkel still asleep. Bingo. Looking up at the clock, she realized she had to get to the airport in the next thirty minutes or so...

---

"Hold on! Geez, I'm coming, I'm coming!" She heard constant knocking on the door as she grabbed a few items necessary for her trip to the airport. Opening the door, she was relieved to see Martin and Timo show up on time.

"Great, you guys showed up on time! Now, I'm running late to get to the airport, I expect y'all to get him out of the house by the time I get back here in a few hours or so..." Y/N let them inside her shared house before walking out the door.

"Where are we supposed to take him?" Martin yelled as soon as the door shut, not knowing what to do. Looking at his rookie teammate, he had a look of terror as he had no plan on what to do.

"Why are you looking at me that way?" Timo's face contorted with confusion as he looked back at Martin. "Wait, is Mikkel even awake yet?"

"Hmm, I don't think so?"

"Grab the can of whipped cream from the fridge. I got an idea of how we can wake up the birthday boy..."

---

Timo and Martin both quietly tiptoed into the bedroom, not wanting for Mikkel to awaken from his deep slumber. With their hands filled with the sweet whipped cream, Timo brought his free pointer finger up to his lips, signaling for them to be quiet. Bringing their hands with the whipped cream up to Mikkel's face, they both silently counted down from three before slapping him with the sweet substance.