Mitch Marner ~ TML

"I think I picked up your coffee by mistake." (577 words)

---

Y/N was in a hurry to get to her workplace and in such, she didn't have much time to wait for coffee. So, she asked the barista to make the drink that was quick and easy to make. As soon as the drink was made, she quickly thanked the barista before leaving the café.

However, she did not see who's drink she accidentally stole; which meant for Y/N, the beginnings of a bad day.

---

"Uh... Y/N?" Her co-worker, Melissa, asked with confusion laced in her tone. "Why does your cup have 'Mitch' scribbled on it?"

Y/N looked at the cup to see what Melissa was talking about, which was true. "Oh, crap! What am I supposed to do now? I already had like a few sips of it."

"Well," Melissa shrugged her shoulders before a light bulb went off in her mind. "The only Mitch I know would be at the Air Canada Centre right now. Maybe, you took his coffee?"

"But, who's going to give the presentation that Mrs. Walker is expecting in twenty minutes?" Y/N nodded her head towards the conference room with a look of worry.

"I'll stall the executives for a few minutes while you go talk to Mitch." Melissa snatched the files from Y/N's desk and pushed her out the door, "I'll see you back here in fifteen minutes?"

"Oh, we'll see, Melissa," Y/N laughed to herself as she exited the office and made her to the ACC.

---

"Hey," Y/N walked up to Auston Matthews, who was currently on the bench as he took a sip of Gatorade. "Is Mitch here?"

"Yeah, I'll get him," Auston nodded his head at her as he stood up and made his way to the locker room. He turned up a few seconds after with who Y/N assumed was Mitch.

"Oh, hi! Aren't you Melissa's friend from work?" Mitch cracked a smile at Y/N as soon as he saw her familiar face.

Y/N nodded her head and smiled back at him, "yep, I believe we met at her New Year's party?"

"Oh, yeah! I remember now!" Auston chuckled to himself, "it's nice to see you again, Y/N."

"You too, Auston," Y/N laughed before she held the coffee cup up for them to see. "I think I picked up your coffee by mistake."

"I was wondering where my order went," Mitch's eyes widened as he looked at the Tim Horton's cup she had in her hand. "That means I got your order by accident!"

"Yeah," she handed him the coffee cup and got her bag, "that's why I came down here."

"Perhaps, you guys can make it up by going out to dinner tonight at 6:30? Mitch'll be at your place by 6:15?" Auston butted into the conversation as he slung his arm over Mitch's shoulders, looking at him and Y/N.

"That sounds great to me," Y/N smirked at the two boys as she got out a pen and scribbled her number and address on Mitch's palm, "I'll see him then." 

--- 

I haven't updated for a long time! I'm so sorry, I forgot I was busy for the rest of the week and I thought I could've updated more! I'm going to update with all of the imagines I forgot to update on here and Tumblr (that's right, I have a Tumblr with all of these imagines); hopefully, I can accomplish it! I hope you enjoyed the imagine; have a GREAT rest of your day/night, and I'll see you later! Bye!

- Priya 😀